Should't they cancel their meeting tonight?

by carla 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I find it kind of amusing that as worldly people who pass by a kh and know nothing of jw's tonight will think that the jw's are having a Christmas Eve service. Many churches have a number of services tonight; children's program, family/Christmas Eve service and maybe a midnight candlelight service.

You know how some jw's won't even wear red between Nov & Dec lest anybody think they are celebrating the holidays? Well then, shouldn't they cancel tonight's meeting so nobody thinks they are doing their own Christmas Eve service?

Merry Christmas everybody!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

To cancel the meeting would be making tonight special.. because of the date and that would be almost a celebration in reverse , if you see what I mean

No, just carry on, ignoring it. I wonder if they still go door to door Christmas Morning?.... we used to , in my miss-spent youth.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

The only celebration the uber Jw,s get is to sleep a few minutes later on Christmas day as service is delayed to 10am. I can't see them cancelling a service just for appearance sake.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They cancelled special holiday witnessing at my hall years ago, making it just the same as any other day. I just assumed this was done everywhere. Any PIMOs here that can confirm?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They never cancel a boasting session for a holiday. That would amount to "celebrating it", even though they put on the appearance. Having a Tuesday evening boasting session the day before Christmas is something they happily do, regardless. I remember having a book study one Christmas Eve, spending the night with one of the hounders, and was saved from Christmas Day field circus only when we got enough snow that the father had to work that day. Everyone else went to the big waste of money hall (a$$embly), wasting that day.

I also remember that time we had a Sunday boasting session on Christmas Day and the following New Year's Day. It was just another day, and they did have field circus after (I had to work New Years Day, and declined field circus Christmas Day after the boasting session). To me, that is a fine waste of a holiday. Not to mention, Thanksgiving Day always featured an evening boasting session because it was on a boasting session night.

Nice way to a dreary Christmas.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I see your point carla and i also see bluesBrothers point .Both are valid points knowing the JW religion speak out of both sides of their mouth.

As a JW Xmas and Easter were good times for me in my employment as nobody else wanted to work during those periods but good old smiddy was always eager to snap it up penalty rates and all that .

Besides at Xmas they always put on a feast for lunch.When I was wished a merry xmas I would always say "the best to you" .It may have been hypocritical but hey I was a JW ,what`s new.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

A bunch of the sisters in the hall wore red tops last night. I wonder if some of the elders were mad about that.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Cancel the meeting??!!!😂😂😂😂😂 you must be new!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit