Has the Governing Body /Jehovahs witnesses ever distanced themselves from the Williams Sisters claim of Beng a JW ?

by smiddy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I bring this up because of an article in the supplement of the Sunday mail in Victoria Australia "Stellar" that pregnant Serena Williams is a devout (Ihate that word ) jehovahs Witness. I have sent a letter to the editor about it ,I wonder if it gets published.

Has the WT ever distanced themselves from the claims that Serena herself has claimed to be a witness ? when accepting a win in one of her succesful matches ?

Especially now that she is pregnant out of wedlock to a worldly person and not a fellow Jehovahs Witness ?

If she was baptised she would be DF right ? However not being baptised though a very public person who claims to be a JW vocally to the media will she be publicly sanctioned ?

And if not doesnt that send a message to the R&F that the GB has double standards for the rich and famous against the average JW ?

What do you think.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder how many baptised dubs still claim to be one after being df ?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

There is also a lot of lazy journalism with "fact" checking done by juniors and Google.

As for her actions and being DF'ed. It would appear that she does not attend meetings, has not for a long time and it wouldn't surprise me if she was never that regular even as a young person. No elder could get close to her now. The WTS just let it lie because it's impractical to do otherwise. What do you expect them to do?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    konceptual99 It wouldn't surprise me if she was never that regular even as a young person.

To get that good at tennis you have to devote an incredible amount of time to the sport, so you couldn't possibly be attending to all the usual Watchtower demands in full, or anywhere near. I would hasten to add neither could her parents, who would have had to have been very committed to helping them reach such a standard. Ferrying to practice, tournaments and the like.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My guess is that they like the publicity. They say nothing, and will say nothing until that ridiculous claims stops serving their purpose. They are resolve to do anything about anything only and solely when it is in their best interest.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Whenever the Williams sisters (or the Jackson's for that matter) make the claim, it brings JW's a little normalization. Every other religion has celebrities that claim to be of a certain religion, JW's have it too, they're a "normal" actual religion. You can point at the Williams/Jacksons and say: you see, those are JW's too, we aren't crazy and controlling at all, we can have normal lives.

• The_New_Barrold_Bonds
    The_New_Barrold_Bonds

This is the millionth thread on this topic.

The Williams sisters WERE NEVER BAPTIZED.

Anyone can claim to be part of any religion.

There's nothing the WT can do wrt to what they say or do. There's no double standard here. You could definitely make a case for a double standard in Prince's case but not the Williams sisters.

• Chook
    Chook

They a not going to rock the Williams boat due to the media attention if Williams turned against the WT. No apostate would receive better media attention than being a tennis star. Tony tiight pants verse Venus in a short shirt what a wrestling match.

• smiddy
    smiddy

T-N-B-B

This is the millionth thread on this topic

.Their are a million topics that have been gone over a million times on this forum my friend

Have you noticed how many newbies and by extension

lurkers who are looking at this site lately ?

Thats why I think its good to bring up topical items that are commented on in magazines that reflect on JW`s and famous people who claim to be associated with them .

I acknowledged she is not a baptised witness yet claims to be one.
    I bring this up because of an article in the supplement of the Sunday mail in Victoria Australia "Stellar" that pregnant Serena Williams is a devout (Ihate that word ) jehovahs Witness

Newbies and lurkers may not be aware of these facts and I just like to bring it to their attention.

Have a good day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit