October 1, 1914 - October 1 2017 (103 Years)

by Alfred 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

“October 1, 1914, on taking his place at the breakfast table in the Brooklyn Bethel dining-room, he in a strong voice denoting conviction announced: “The Gentile Times have ended!” “ – Watchtower July 15, 1950 page 216 paragraph 1

• Ding
    Ding

And counting...

• sir82
    sir82

I remember a CO in the 90's who would always throw in something about "the 78th year of Kingdom Rule" or "the 81st year of Kingdom Rule" somewhere in his talks, whenever he had opportunity to mention the current date.

This was before the 1995 definition change of "generation" (first of many, it turns out). I think the idea was to press upon our minds that "this generation" wouldn't have much longer to go.

He's well beyond the mandatory CO retirement age now, even if still alive, so one way or another, he is not repeating that schtick.

It would of course sound beyond ridiculous now. "Welcome to October 2017, the 4th year of the 2nd century of Kingdom Rule..."

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    • Remindes me of Wall-E

'welcome to the 700-something year of our 5 year space cruise' or something like that. 😅

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What a load of crap!!!! Russell wrote that Armageddon was going to take place in 1914 and then when it didn't happen he quickly wrote an updated version of one of his book and changed the end to 1915 stating he didn't calculate the 0 year between BC and AD. He even changed the measurements of the great pyramid in his updated book to coincide with the new year of 1915. He was a fraud and so it his publishing company!!!!!

• Bell
    Bell

I was a witness myself and I left 5 years ago. Since then I have been thinking of going back, but every time I do, I read about what’s wrong with the organization and that helps me.

I speak English and french but my friends who are still witnesses do not speak English.

I have been able to find information that are credible and accessible. JW.facts has been quiet helpful. Give me some suggestions as to how I can get these information in other languages to make it accessible for my friends who speak french. U guys have any idea.

• Ding
    Ding

Anyone who is tempted to think the WT is "the truth" should read The Finished Mystery.

• Splash
    Splash
    Ding Anyone who is tempted to think the WT is "the truth" should read The Finished Mystery.

And today's publications are tomorrow's Finished Mystery.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I always want to ask the people in the congregation I left...

"So how old would your grandkids have to be before it was OK to wonder if the WT is right?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit