"Wisdom is proved righteous by all its children"

by Frank75 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frank75
    Frank75

There are many commendable things wrapped up in the Witness ideal. This is hard to dispute and is obviously what attracts people to it and did so many of us. But just as the luster of something that we bought fades or tarnishes over time, so have the very things that may have attracted us in the first place.

Family and moral values are a key feature that attracted me. In time though it became clear that Witness families enjoy no better marriages than most fundamentalist groups, arguably the world in general, maybe even worse. Moral superiority is merely an illusion framed by propaganda and rhetoric. Witnesses are involved in the same moral malaise that exists in other religious groups as well as the general population. Although, for good reason, such frank statistics are not made available in the WT publications. However, to any who are honestly looking at those around them, this woefully apparent.

A clear concept of what is right and wrong, black and white, likewise attracts many, myself included. Who wants to wade through the facts, examples, parables and principles to acquire a sense of right and wrong (Heb

Brotherhood too, is what attracts. As unpopular as Communism is today, we must reflect on how refreshing its message was to millions who were oppressed by class and poverty. A cursory read of the “animal farm” will show the way any human, political or religious ideal will decay into corruption, self interest and greed leading full circle back to the very thing that it rose up to put down. One article in the WT past two years, pointedly said “Jehovah’s witnesses are a classless society”. (It hardly escaped notice that the unintended pun came through to the reader LOL) If that is so, then why are dedicated, baptized witnesses kept working in the trenches, but yet excluded from information, judicial, organizational and otherwise, which is provided to only a select few? All of Christ’s brothers are equal, except some are more equal than others. (Borrowed from Animal Farm) In the end the so-called brotherhood of the Witnesses proves to be an illusion and a pipe dream.

The continual self praise and self justification employed to prop up the witness community is very similar to what Paul dealt with in the city of . ( 2 Cor ,18) :

12 For we do not dare to class ourselves among some or compare ourselves with some who recommend themselves. Certainly they in measuring themselves by themselves and comparing themselves with themselves have no understanding…18 For not the one who recommends himself is approved, but the man whom God recommends.

Often what ensues on these boards and in the private homes (house to house NWT LOL) are useless debates over what is or isn’t stated clearly in scripture. God is the one who will judge us ultimately, as individuals and organizations. () What will be the basis of such judgment? It is my submission that HIS criteria is set out plainly in the gospel, and it is love…..”YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect”. (Matt )

(Matthew 7:16-20) 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men].

Frank (not Ernest)

• Pepper
    Pepper

Well now that is very commendable brother continue in like manor, "all the more so as you behold the day drawing near. Sorry a little tounge in cheek here. I did like your reasoning though. The word "commendable" makes me sick it reminds me too much of the witness jargon. Pepper

• Maverick
    Maverick

Very well written! At the core of what you have said is Love. I concur! The lack of love was the crack that loosed me from their grasp! The God I worship is not the petty, brutish, elitist, extortioner the J-duds follow! Welcome, and I look forward to your comments! Maverick

• mizpah
    mizpah

Frank75

A very astute observation! Many of us have been disappointed by the failure of the Watchtower Society to live up to its claim of being "God's organization." But, perhaps, our own expectations were set too high. Human organizations can not live up to the Christian standards no more than imperfect humans can. After all, any organization is just a reflection of its members. The lesson is that we need Christ as a redeemer and savior not a human institution.

• mizpah
    mizpah

Pepper:

I laughed at your comment. It was a standard joke in our congregation as the most common phrase we heard was "You are to be commended...." I wonder if it has changed?

• Frank75
    Frank75

Thanks for the comments. And sorry for the "commendable" jargon....was it really that common? I recall very little "commendation" myself.

Now, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I have had trouble with the last few posts. It seems whole sentences and key words are dropping into cyberspace when I submit the post!

What am doing wrong? Help!

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit