Last Night I was surrounded by Jehovah's Witnesses . . .

by Terry 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Sometimes, especially in tragedy, their humanity comes out. Johnny kept his humanity most of his life, until he was backed into a corner (no thanks to you).

I really like you, Terry. Thanks for sharing this with us. It's been real.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I find going to anything where there are JWS in a social environment such as a funeral or weddings a theater of pretentiousness.

They tend to evaluate your character solely upon if your activity as a JWS or how strong you are in your participation of being a JWS., that's most focused part of their evaluation. All accolades are forwarded to men who become elders or ones who are pioneering, people who left the JWS on the other hand are just, tch tch evil and worthless, soon to destroyed by God Yahweh.

They seem to show not real personal concern but out of programmed indoctrination to reconvert you back and be complacently judgmental upon where and what you are doing exclusively for the organization alone.

• Terry
    Terry

I've had a couple of days to reflect. What stands out is this. A chill comes over a naturally warm and expressive JW when surrounded by other JW's in any situation in which they can be judged and snitched out.

That says it all. It says they are aware they are amongst informers. It says they understand their personal free expression is severely dangerous under those circumstances. But it also says something tragic: they choose not to extricate themselves. They have made a transaction to diminish the human capacity to be real for a few promises and a false sense of community.

Hello North Korea!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A chill comes over a naturally warm and expressive JW when surrounded by other JW's in any situation in which they can be judged and snitched out.

Yes so true, the JWS religion is one of being under a constant magnifying glass, this is even more pushed to the extreme at social engagements.

Placing a muzzle over people as to whom they are allowed to talk to is part of its deep intensive corruption .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit