converts from other faiths to JWs get blessings?

by TTWSYF 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    I don't know about YOUR experiences, but for my brother and his family, going from Catholic to Witness was [is] a disaster. He's an elder and wouldn't admit it, but his health and portfolio have drastically declined since his conversion to the JW faith. It is apparent to all who love him. Now, this may just be a coincidence, but I am wondering if any other converts lost blessings [money, health, family, etc]
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Satan's attacking him so that's how you KNOW it's the truth

(If he was better off instead...)

Jehovah is blessing him so that's how you KNOW it's the truth

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Satan attacking him for 25 years?

No fruits whatsoever. That just doesn't make any sense

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Doesnt he see the obvious? hes worshiping men. God never expected such a sacrifice. they will tell him satan is inereferring and trying to get him to 'fall away' but in reality, hes ignoring the fact that hes been misled and has damaged his family. and who according to the bible is the first and formost important thing? your family.

so sad, I wonder what was the thing that he saw that was a benefit apart from what he was already getting before, what was the attaction?

some interesting videos here, might give you some ammo if you can even use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jN4oKK_btc

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    in my hall I quit going and have been busy with work making more money then ever. Health is ok too, knock on wood. In the mean time at the hall they have had 25 plus car accidents a bunch of people in serious health problems , people out of work loosing jobs etc. A friend I work with and refur work is also doing well since he left but the ones in his hall are also having finacial issues. So we're the ones that are blessed and the JW's are miserable.
  • steve2
    steve2
    I'd guess that the average kingdom hall has more than its fair share of people on public out-of-work assistance/benefits and/or payouts for physical injuries. One of my JW uncles not known for his industriousness has spent most of his working life receiving accident compensation of one kind or another for sundry ailments. His JW family and friends simply accept this is the way he has to live - but its plain to those not in the religion that he's a clever free-rider. Thing is, he's typical of that "Poor me - we need Jehovah to fix it" mentality. In the meantime, these sorts in the organization avail themselves of taxpayer benefits.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was a big waste of my time. Prior to becoming a jokehovian, I had plenty of free time during the week. I worked quite a few hours during the weekend, and they were strict about exceeding 40 per week. Hence, work nights during mid-week were wimpy and I had plenty of time then. Once I became a jokehovian, I had to do field circus during those nice big blocks of open time, leaving the crumbs around the weekend as my sole free time. Blessing?

Money-wise, that year was the low point of my earnings. And I had to waste so much of that on field circus supplies and Grand Boasting Session preps. Life then was quite austere, and were it not for a major department store going out of business, I probably would have had virtually no new fun items. I got fewer new albums that year than any other during the 1980s or early 1990s, and that included the year I first started collecting back albums and had to focus on that.

As for fun, that was lame as well. Field circus ate into most of my fun time, so I rarely had time to do those weekly walks to play video games (about 12 km each way, that really helped maintain my weight). I was rarely able to enjoy my Commodore 64 computer for lack of time due to field circus. About all that was left was watching Double Dare or Fun House before going to the boasting session Thursday night.

This, for sure, is not a blessing. Due to reduced time to walk, I gained back weight I walked off in college (the Freshman 4X15 gained early, followed by walking it right back off). I rarely had time to do anything but field circus. I never had the money, because I had to throw away so much on rubbish and donations. And even then I envisioned joke-hova holding the tribulation for some 20 or more years, letting as many suffer as much as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit