JW's and medical marijuana

by QuestioningEverything 5 Replies latest jw friends

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Just wondering what the current JW stance is on medical marijuana. If you have any articles or links to show this, that would be wonderful. I have an inactive family member who was wondering . Thanks .:)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have family members who have their Medical Marijuana Cards and use products that they purchase in the State regulated dispensaries. They are not serving in any "appointed" positions. They really are PIMO Jdubs. It's my understanding that it is treated by the Borg as using any other "prescribed" medication.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Use of Medical Marijuana.

If a medical doctor authorizes and/or prescribes marijuana for a
    medical problem, a Christian may choose to make use of this form of treatment. Although no judicial action would be taken, if an issue arises in the congregation, the elders will need to determine whether the individual can be viewed as exemplary.

2020-October-Shepherd The Flock of God, Elder Manual Page--See #4

https://docdro.id/Xg7LZPD

Entire Manual:

https://docdro.id/qfKOsF1

Petra!

https://docdro.id/c5s4Uhi

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not exemplary for using a prescription for weed? And why would one want to be an example of a perfect slave? I can think of other drugs that are regularly prescribed that do more damage than weed--such as Seroquel, which many a jokehovian has to take.

Personally, I would treat medical weed as any other drug. There are side effects, and plenty of drawbacks. Meaning I would rather take other measures, such as vitamins and mental exercises (such as learning a challenging language like German) to avoid having the need come up later. Not to mention the jokehovian lifestyle is a risk factor in so many conditions treatable with medical weed, that quitting the jokehovians would solve the problem without any drugs at all. Weed or Seroquel.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

A year or two ago I was in horrific neurological pain. I took some capsules of marijuana oil and they left me disconnected from the pain. Not perfect but ok. Truth be told though the amount of codeine I was taking was way worse for my health them those capsules.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

The anointing oil used y the priests were a type of drug, the fasting and 40 days on a mountain or in the desert without food would cause one to hear and see things not normal, anyone watch a current tv series of people sent out to various ungodly regions of the earth without food or water and have to search for it for 21/40 days? Many do not last- the body breaks down, yet many inspirations were given under these conditions in the biblical days.

My answer is - why not medical M J? You can get so many types for pain or anxiety -whatever the issue is.. if you can grow your own, it is organic- no chemicals. Its a plant. If controlled properly it wont eat your stomach or affect the liver as tylenol or aspirin will- T3's? Yu can get it in pill form from doctor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit