Saw a post on reddit...

by Biahi 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

Many exJW’s don’t remember their birthdays or birthdates, some actually guess and are off by a year or two. I’m always proud to say my age, and I’m a woman, here’s why. I thought I would be dead in 1975. I turned 16 in 1975, and I thought God would kill me because he knew I hated being a JW, even though I hated it, I thought it was ‘da troof’. BTW, I’ll be 60 in October!

• blondie
    blondie

I never knew how a jw could say they did not know their birth date. How ever did they get a drivers license without giving DOT one?

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I was a 23 yo male in 1975 Biahi.

Paranoid about dying in da great conflagration that was going to be armageddon cos I was masturbating.

I'm still happily enjoying ALL solo and non solo forms of stress release. . Despite the non arrival of arma.

Apparently the new armageddon is just round the corner!. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

We were duped and fooled by a bunch of nutcases in Brooklyn (Crooklyn).

jtg

Edit,,,,, most jws where I live send each other congratulatory messages on their respective Birthdays. Lots family springs to mind.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Back in the day, I called at the bank to deliver a form that my wife had completed. Unfortunately she had neglected to write in her date of birth.

The bank clerk asked me , "what is your wife's date of birth?" ..... As non birthday keeping Witnesses, I had to admit I did not know..

"Fancy not knowing your wife's birthday" she tutted !

I did learn it after that.

• fulano
    fulano

I never knew what was my zodiac sign untill I left the org.

• tiki
    tiki

Well...I was born in 1949, third non-overlapping generation...and knew everyone's birthday....aunt's, uncles, cousins....all dubs in varying degrees....so it must be a family thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit