Is it true: the memorial will stop after the last anointed have passed away?

by FinchAndWeston 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry
    He then said that after that when the 144k are all in heaven the memorial will no longer be observed.

. . . so, then, the memorial celebration will come to a finish before Armageddon. The latest teaching says that the 'remnant' will be called to heaven - raptured - before the big A.

Correct?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I could read the great answers from others, they probably use the Bible and make cult comments wonderfully.

But let me just say, "It's a made-up fiction, it's their power structure. The 'anointed' will be in charge as long as Watchtower exists. One day, before the last 'anointed' is gone, Watchtower will fail, so NO- The Memorial will stop BEFORE the last anointed is gone." I just hope it happens in my lifetime, but I won't count on it.

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

I'm with you OTWO.

The memorial is pure power control. Watch everyone pass the wine and bread so that you all acknowledge someone is in charge of you, and controls you. Its us the GB. The exercise does nothing more than support the class structure they have developed for themselves.

Maybe it will die out when the overlapping generation that overlapped the last overlapping generation. But they would have to kill the control structure or make it different say, only the anointed should touch the bread and wine, so that its a video/live link to a bethel memorial. Would give them control over number of partakers as well. (Don't steal my idea without credit WT).

Can you imagine the excitement of all getting to watch TPT and the rest of the GB slurping away. It would make them even bigger gods in the eyes of most JW.

• prologos
    prologos

ttdtt: thank you for that posted outline. To me, if any of this is relevant, the memorial should be celebrated eternally, because of the eternal benefit. Is it not called the eternal covenant? The New covenant is for forgiveness of "sins", so applies to the Earthly class first and last. On the outline:

everlasting life in heaven; the vast majority will enjoy life on a paradise earth. note : one notch down, not immortality in heaven, not eternal life. but only life on earth.

Once the Lord “arrives,” he will take the last of the 144,000 home to be with him in heaven --" I thought he had come in 1914, 1918.?

"Jehovah determines where we will best serve." The word serve reminds me of more wt drudgery, no thanks. enough is enough.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    It's true... After the 3rd overlapping generation passes...
  • Jerryh
    Jerryh
    *** w80 7/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers *** Questions From Readers
    ● Why does the November 15, 1979, issue of The Watchtower (pages 26, 27) speak of the “new covenant” being near the end of its operation, when Hebrews 13:20 speaks of this covenant as being “an everlasting covenant”?
    The Watchtower stated: “Evidently the new covenant is nearing the end of its operation for the purpose of producing 144,000 spiritual Israelites who meet God’s approval for being associated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly kingdom, the ideal government for mankind. When the last of these approved spiritual Israelites cease to be ‘men’ because of earthly death and a resurrection to a share in the heavenly kingdom, then the mediatorship of Jesus Christ will cease also.“
    Note that The Watchtower did not say that the benefits of this new covenant would cease. Those who live on earth will benefit in an everlasting way from the fact that this new covenant fulfilled its purpose in producing 144,000 spiritual sons of God who will reign as joint heirs with Christ in the heavens.

*** w83 8/15 p. 23 par. 14 United Fruit Bearers ***
    Just as the anointed “branches” of the “true vine” must remain in union with Christ, the “other sheep” must remain in close union with “the faithful and discreet slave,” Christ’s anointed “brothers.” Only thus can they hope to ‘inherit the Kingdom prepared for them from the founding of the world.’—Matthew 25:31-40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit