A lucid dream last night...exposes JW thinking

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

For anyone who understands lucid dreaming this story will come to no surprise. If not lucid dreaming is defined as a dream where you know you are dreaming and have control of the dream.

Last night during a dream I was at my uncles place for some reason. My uncle is an elder, raised ia JW, pioneered in Quebec in the 60s and is often giving talks at conventions. Hes a good man. Just a JW elder. Being he is around 70 I would never expose or even try to expose the lies of God and the Bible to him.

However during this dream I became aware that it was a dream. (I lucid dream often)

I ran out to my uncle who was in front of shelves full of bibles. I screamed at him:

iTS A CULT! iTS A CULT! ALL RELIGIONS ARE CULTS!

He laughed at me as if I was joking.

Since this was a dream I was in control of I grew my arm longer and grabbed a bible off the shelf behind him. (An 1984 soft cover NWT)

THIS IS ALL FABRICATED ANCIENT PROPAGANDA! JEHOVAH IS NOT REAL!

Now he got mad at me and said Satan had me under control. Jehovah was real and so was the bible.

I raised the bible to the air and said:

MY JEHOVAH CAUSE THIS BIBLE TO VANISH.

Nothing happened. I nodded. My uncle however gave the most JW answer he could:

"Jehovah is punishing you for your lack of faith. Thats why a miracle didnt happen for you."

To which I (being in control of the dream) made the bible vanish.

Sadly I woke up at this point. Laughing.

As I reflect my uncle response was typical JW. Its a make believe answer to justify your belief in nothing.

As long as they have this mentality it is almost impossible to wake them

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    if you were really lucid you'd have realised it wasn't your uncle and tried to do something much more interesting. Try flying, walking on water or zooming to the top of the Himalayas. Or try and see numbers 😉
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    Xanthippe: Several year ago i would have. However I find excitement wake me up quickly. Today I prefer philosophic discussion,or practice for real life with people easier and enoyable.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Sorry but I don't believe in lucid dreaming. You cant be in control of a dream or it is not a real dream. Sounds like new age mumbo jumbo tbh.

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

fukitol - Whether it is correctly dreaming or not I can vouch for the fact that this phenomenon does exist. I normally experience it as I am falling asleep so I get all the images and whatnot you get with the usual dream state but I am still self aware and know I am "dreaming". The trick is not "waking" yourself up. I usually like to fly (although I lose control and crash if I go too high... - waking up sharpish) or walk through walls and whatnot.

One example I remember vividly from my childhood was walking around my then family home but despite wanting to could not find anyone; there was nothing to be seen outside the windows save a bright light. I started to feel extremely alone and as a result "woke" up. It still gives me the chills now when I think back on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit