Need a recording of Top Shelf Tony speaking on respecting the conscious of othersthers.

by Wasanelder Once 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I want to make a Youtube video using the liquor store footage and Tony speaking on the importance of respecting the conscious of others. Anyone know of one? Lemme know. We can't say he's getting drunk but he sure didn't consider the way others would view his actions. So much for an example to others. Hic, up!

• Bleep Bloop
    Bleep Bloop

I believe in the Feb '19 jw broadcast, he discusses the scripture that "all things are lawful, but not all things are advantageous."

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I think that the best video for this latest fiasco would be one contrasting the WT video of the girl giving up her ice cream so she could donate to the WT, with an image of Tony with a basket full of a thousand dollars worth of whiskey on a Sunday morning.

That could be powerful and devastating optics.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Not sure if I am applying this correctly, but this past week’s Bible reading, JW's read:

[1 Corinthians 8:10 For if anyone should see you, the one having knowledge, reclining at a meal in an idol temple, will not the conscience of that one who is weak be built up to the point of eating foods offered to idols? 11 Really, by your knowledge, the man that is weak is being ruined, your brother for whose sake Christ died. 12 But when YOU people thus sin against YOUR brothers and wound their conscience that is weak, YOU are sinning against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat flesh at all, that I may not make my brother stumble.]

If you replaced ‘reclining at a meal in an idol temple' with ‘drinking scotch', it would seem that even thou it is not wrong on its own for Tony to ‘drink it', it could prove to be bad for ‘weak ones' that see/know that Tony and his wife likes a good scotch and then these 'weak ones' buy it too as to copy and experience what one of their GB idol’s likes.

These ‘weak ones’ could get to be spending money on it that they need for other things and could lead to their getting drunk and or becoming an alcoholic.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would venture to say that there would be many people before they converted to the JW religion had a problem with alcohol and still had that problem long after they had been baptized .

I personally knew of a few in the many congregations I attended and initially had that problem myself in my early 20`s through to the my 30`s .

Thankfully now I consider myself lucky I have been one of the few who could self regulate and can drink in moderation without getting drunk or intoxicated and be a pain in the ass to anybody.

And I must admit the religion played a big part in my overcoming that problem .( credit where credit is due )

Getting back to the topic,in my early days I would have been stumbled if I saw TM or any other high ranking JW buying such large quantities of top of the shelf booze.

A similar thing I experienced with was smoking.I was a chain smoker rolling my own mostly but on going out I would smoke tailor mades and upon learning the "truth" I managed to give it up cold turkey, being told it was not acceptable by my mentor. This was in 1960.

Years later I became aware of brothers who did smoke some who were MS and their was no penalties for doing so .That threw me a curve but I had kicked the habit by then, and thought, though I had been cheated.

This was before they gave JW`s six months to kick the habit.

So yes Tony`s buying so much booze could certainly stumble vulnerable one`s ,I hope he has if that free`s them from the clutches of this religion.

• jeffdavis
    jeffdavis

I bet TST will be getting an underling he can trust to buy his booze from now on. The fat ass hypocrite.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Refer to corruptgirl post Analysis of Tony Morris buying 12 bottles of scotch Wasanelder Once if you haven`t already done so .

She certainly nails it on the head as to the WTS viewpoint in print.

And of course their is my experience above .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit