The Modern Exodus: Perception or Reality?

by Hadriel 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't ever see a mass exodus coming out the JWS, its a cult that has been framed and structured to uphold itself continuously by varying elements. Such as people enforced to abandoned their family and the engaging social environment where JWS are self identified as being righteous wholesome people .

So when the GB have to change a doctrine because it has become nonviable or impractical, the change has come out of the perception that god has influenced that needed change.

Jehovah never leaves or abandons the JWS ...... never

New light is constantly accepted thankfully and graciously by devoted JWS by the GB (FDSL) or in reality the executive directors of the Watchtower Corporation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Konceptual99 says .....

The organization is held together with the glue of cognitive dissonance and it takes something very strong to start to break that down.

Good point

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Why should it have to take the closure or almost closure of either the german or uk branch to make any difference when since jan 2016 they have not been printing 50 million magazines a month saving themselves at least $1 million dollars a month that they could give to the uk or germany to help keep them going So its march 2016 the third month and that means that they SHOULD have $3 million in the bank BUT all they seem to do is have cut after cut after cut ?????
  • talesin
    talesin

I've seen the 'exodus' in my family I get occasional news. The generation after me, have almost all left the cult. I just found out that my 2nd nephew and wife are DF for a couple of years (1st nephew faded years ago). My cousins kids have all left. Another local family left en masse (8 members, including 2 or 3 elders).

It seems to me, that the JWS will focus on those places where there is less internet access. Like all Western corporations, they have been mining Africa for a long time. They are losing the battle in the West, not just because of the 'net, but the secularization of our cultures has made the JWS less appealing, even to those who are needy and ready to be victimized.

The number of groups on facebook, and Reddit! wow, it's amazing and 'encouraging' (to coin a JWism) to see. xx tal

PS. Hadriel, I couldn't figure if you were the Demon from Diablo, or the Biblical ref? I knew the demon right away, so figured it was that ... now, not so sure. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit