Is this a fair description? The Jehovah's Witness religion ‘encourages strife, numbs the human conscience, fills the brain with ...

by berrygerry 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    The Jehovah's Witness religion encourages strife, numbs the human conscience, fills the brain with escapist fantasies, and causes people to be narrow-minded, superstitious, and full of hatred and fear!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You forgot apathetically lazy since Jah is going to destroy this world soon, so folding up the arms and waiting was the expressed tactic to hold onto.

There are many elderly JWS who lived off this premise , who are now living woefully depressing impoverished lives.

Not the GB members though, they are living a secure well looked after life , flying around the world, being treated like glorified celebrities.

Why is this ?

Because the WTS. told them to just wait, Armageddon is coming soon, within their generation.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

The reason that I asked is because of this quote from 2004 WT:

Yes, God himself is deeply offended by religion that ‘encourages strife, numbs the human conscience, fills the brain with escapist fantasies, and causes people to be narrow-minded, superstitious, and full of hatred and fear’!

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004121?q=God+himself+is+deeply+offended+by+religion&p=par

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You do hear accounts of people who have spent 50plus years in the Borg. You hear them saying things like I hope I haven't wasted 50 years of my life!!!!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

BethSarim - "...You hear them saying things like I hope I haven't wasted 50 years of my life!"

Ten years ago, I'd have said "no f**king way".

These days, I totally believe it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    All this Religion does is cause people to become narrow-minded, superstitious, fearful, judgemental and hateful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit