Matt Dillahunty and Tracie Harris Respond to JW Caller's Arguments For God's Existence

by Island Man 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

In this recent episode of The Atheist Experience "John from London" calls in to the show to give his arguments for God's existence.

Matt and Tracie use logic to point out the flaws in his arguments - very weak arguments!

Near the end of the conversation, John starts talking about the UN turning on religion. Only then is it clear that John is either a JW or has some kind of JW connection. But Matt isn't interested in hearing John's "conspiracy theory". LOL.

The show is more than an hour long. The segment with John's call is about 26 minutes long starting from about the 00:36:00 mark and running to about 01:02:00.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Ggdf0fK3o

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Religion = bad ideas

Will the UN disseminate good ideas in it's battle?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    Debating Matt and Tracie? Get ready to get schooled.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

A long time ago, I remember reading some of the arguments for atheism that had been actually included in an old WT study in an attempt to discredit them...

x

...whilst heavily redacted, I'm sure, they still seemed more compelling to me than the arguments for theism, and I was still pretty much a believer.

Even then, I couldn't help but wonder, "what were they thinking by including this???"

• Island Man
    Island Man

Vidiot, I think the new --Imitate--X Speculate Their Faith book currently being studied at kingdom hall congregation "bible" study includes attempts to debunk some of the arguments of skeptics. It is apparent that this publication has as one of its main goals, countering the increasing modern skepticism toward the fanciful stories found in the bible.

More and more young JWs are waking up and leaving, not just JWs, but the bible and theism period. The org appears to be attempting to counter this. This year's drama was also about countering skepticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit