2016-03-12-E US BOE Re: Literature Offer for July through December 2016

by wifibandit 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    What are they going to do with the 10 year old teaching books they have on the carts around me
  • User99
    User99

Up to December 2016? Thanks, WiFiBandit. That leads me to thinking, "Hey, maybe this system will last another year after all!"

• Magnum
    Magnum

from the letter: Since the literature offer will not appear in the Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Work-
    book, please be mindful of the current offer for each month.

I guess I haven't been paying much attention. So is Our Kingdom Ministry a thing of the past? Did the meeting workbook replace it?

• nelim
    nelim
    Magnum, yes. But why is the literature offer not in that workbook?
  • freddo
    freddo

Anyone want to take a bet that the next "simpleton" err... I mean simplification will be that AWAKE! will only be available on line and that if anyone needs a hard copy (Sister faithful who won't change but is leaving her house to the Watchtower) the congregation should print it out?

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    The day may well be coming when there will be no literature produced bar the Bible. Costs/wastefulness need to be reduced. By having everything online there will be no dumped mags or other literature shoved in bins etc. Also by being just online the society can monitor public feedback instantaneously. When I suggested this to a ministry servant some years ago he laughed and said the society will always have mags etc. But mags are getting thinner and now verge on being leaflets. It is the Bible itself which resists change...hard copies have a certain image.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have been out so long that the publications mentioned mean nothing to me,are they mainly Tracts/Brochures rather than books ?

And what is the difference between the "Bible Teach" which I do remember, a terrible book if you really want to know the Bible, and the "Teach Us" ???

I bet the R&F are going to love the month when they have tp push the Watchtower rag !

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Phizzy - you may find this hard to believe, but the "Teach Us" book is a simplified version of the "Bible Teach" book (as if it wasn't simple enough). Its release was "hidden" at the beginning of the letter read out last year about the change in midweek meetings.

SF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit