BBC News has both an article and News Report on Rose questioning his victim. Charity commission investigating this case too.

by Amelia Ashton 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Amelia Ashton
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Only the last link works for me.

While the JW`s say they abhor child sexual abuse ,in both cases cited they failed to inform the appropiate authorities or the police of these allegations of abuse against children in their religion.

Why not ?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nothing will change with WT decision makers unless they change the way they view child abuse.

The ARC pinpointed the specific things WT needed to change to get up to speed with current psychology re child abuse victims and perpetrators and WT gave them the finger.

WT seem to be pedophile apologists.

• Amelia Ashton
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzBJz8X9y4

This is a clip of the Victoria Derbyshire show with 3 JWs talking about shunning that was also on 2 days ago.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I was watching the news last night and switched over too early. There is no denying or excusing what happened to those people. The JC was equally harrowing to the original offence. But, it's OK we've altered the rules now, we wouldn't do that any more. Horse Sh!t.

Wait till the CC get onto the 2 witness rule. That's where the ordure and the fan meet!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I had a surprising reaction by my devout witness friend to the BBC news last night. Her and her husband were outraged at the news. They were so shocked. My friend said when she came home from work today, her husband said he'd been reading up about child abuse in the JWs and he was furious. He said how can we go knocking on doors while the organization is hiding perverts??

I found this response encouraging because it shows it is getting through to some brothers and sisters.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Her mother stated, " the meeting should have never been allowed." It infuriates me that these idiots interrogating her ever allowed this meeting to take place. Myself, or anyone in my immediate family will NEVER meet with any of these so called "spiritual men." NEVER!

Watchtower has A LOT to answer for.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Phoebe

I appreciated your comment. I hope more and more eyes are being opened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit