I have to share these scriptures They all are speaking about Jesus.

by niknak 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• niknak
    niknak

He is the image of the invisible God,m the firstborn of all creation;n16 because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible,owhether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through himp and for him.17 Also, he is before all other things,q and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

The scriptures above are in NWT Bible and are found in Colossians 1:15-17

Now take note of the following scriptures found in John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word,a and the Word was with God,b and the Word was a god.c 2 This one was in the beginning with God.d 3 All things came into existence through him,e and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.What has come into existence 4 by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men.*f 5 And the light is shining in the darkness,gbut the darkness has not overpowered it.

This was a big thing for me. I know for a FACT that the word "other" was added by the JW and is not int he original scriptures. Take a look at the 1967 NWT.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

22 For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son,o 23 so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.p

NWT John 5
    ;22-23

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome to the forum niknak , look forward to hearing more from you and your experiences with the JW`s .

Have a look at the KI published by the WTB&TS John 1:1 in the word for word translation does it say, a god ?

And what scripture in the New Testament explicitly states that Christians are to be witnesses of Jehovah ? None

On the other hand about twenty scriptures explicitly state that Christians should be witnesses of Jesus .

Glad to have you on board niknak.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

New Testament scriptures (Christian Greek Scriptures if you must say that) are all about Jesus, so scriptures in the books all about Jesus are "speaking about Jesus."

Well that ain't exactly a miracle.

If I quoted "The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark" (or "HAMLET" for short), I could probably find a bunch of quotes that speak of "Hamlet."

• niknak
    niknak

What I noticed in those scriptures is that they are all speaking about Jesus but in Colossians it says he made all "Other" things (which JW will stand firm on that) but they also say in John chapter 1 that he made "all" things. When I studied with all their bibles it shows when the word "other" wasn't in there, when they added it and when they made it as though the word has always been there. Taking away or adding is wrong according to the word. specially since there's a difference between making all things and making all other things.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so!” --- Hamlet

And so it tis with the Governing Body! It's authority is such that thinking something makes its so. It depends upon who is doing the thinking which makes it so, is it not? We are all capable of intelligent, independent thought, no? So why are our thoughts for naught and their thoughts --- and where to place commas --- far more meaningful?

--

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    niknak3 days ago

What I noticed in those scriptures is that they are all speaking about Jesus but in Colossians it says he made all "Other" things (which JW will stand firm on that) but they also say in John chapter 1 that he made "all" things. When I studied with all their bibles it shows when the word "other" wasn't in there, when they added it and when they made it as though the word has always been there. Taking away or adding is wrong according to the word. specially since there's a difference between making all things and making all other things.

Yes Niknak, you're 100% correct. The WTS DID change the scriptures to fit their theology. Shame on them!

Unfortunately, that's just a drop in the bucket as there are many other examples of the deceitful traditions in translations and worship practices from the WTS.

Guess what though, It shows in their fruits. Notice how the WTS does not have any fruits?

Oh, sure. They talk about their fruits [going door to door restoring Gods name], but really those are works, not fruits. And what fruits do their works produce? Answer-NOTHING GOOD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit