My frustration grows at the manipulated ignorant masses.

by Crazyguy 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm will be the first to admit I'm not a smart guy. Dropped out of high school to help my parents make a living. Who needs an education anyway when the end is so close. Any way my education then came the hard way. But I must say this, I have always been open to ideas and other peoples opinions so I guess that's what helped me to wake up.

Whats so frustrating is realizing how much we're all manipulated. I did not realize until a few days ago that there are Bible believing creationists that believe the earth is only 6000 years old created in a literal 24 Hour day. Then to see how these religious leaders lie and take out of context scientific evidence to the contrary. People just eat up these lies. I see how donting of a task it is to free people like our JW friends and family when the other side is using such tactics to keep the masses ignorant. Very frustrating.

• talesin
    talesin
    Whats so frustrating is realizing how much we're all manipulated.

The fact that you can see this, shows that you ARE smart. "Educated" and "Smart" are not synonyms. Many smart people never went to school.

Give yourself more credit. No matter who we are, someone will put us down - don't do it to yourself, Crazyguy. You may lack a formal education, but that does NOT mean you are dumb! xx

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Exactly what talesin said. In my line of work I am surrounded by 8 to 16 years of university graduates. Oh yes they are brilliant in many ways, but some of them are frighteningly ignorant in many other ways even begging for advice from my poorly educated self. Street smarts (or life skill smarts or whatever else you want to call them) can't be bought or taught from a book. Although in my humble opinion, the more you read the wiser you will become. Not just the useless trivia stuff either. Literally, life saving skills. Also, you will discover that the more intelligent you become, they less you will realize you know. ;) Good luck! I think you're brilliant.
  • baker
    baker
    The proof that you are right can be seen by maybe a billion people that follow the Pope like he has magic powers over what people think. Just watching nancy reagan,s funeral and the priest says that she and Ronald Reagan are together and smiling down at us, leads to this misinformation spreading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit