So how do we start a Scholorship for JW and EXJW Students?

by Luther bertrand 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Luther bertrand
    Luther bertrand
    It is my contention that JW children are intellectually abused by being brainwashed to not have the choice of pursuing higher education. So, how do we help these victims? Would a JW/EXJW offer some help? If so, how do we get one set up?
  • AnneB
    AnneB
    "We" don't do anything. If *you* want to do something then do it, it's your contention.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    While it's a lovely idea Luther, I would think it would make more sense to attack the anti-education policy of the org. We need a cure not a medicine for just the symptom. Maybe you can look into charities that are already working in this field and get some advice from them. Maybe a complaint to the child protection services or a petition? There's more accomplished by making the community aware of what it means to be a JW child. Or maybe you can look into government funding for some kind of foundation charity to help these kids?
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I would love to see this happen! I don't see how this can happen realistically. Most JWs and exJWs are not exactly wealthy, and many even lean toward poverty's edge.

It has always been a dream of mine to win it big and hit the lottery jackpot so I could set up a recurring full ride scholarship for ex-JWs and one for current JWs. I realize its just a dream, but its one I still hold on to.

Tight Pants Tony is correct about one thing, Pursuing higher education will make you want to leave the org. It's amazing what a little education can do! Like the public service commercial says ... the more you know!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Watchtower would pursuade the jw kids to turn over any grant, or scholarship as a voluntary donation.
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

Safe Passage Foundation set up pay-it-forward scholarships for those who were raised in cults that routinely violate the basic human rights of children.

What We Do

Scholarships

See also:

Freedom From Religion Foundation offers four student essay contests
    Announced March 2016

Thousands of scholarship programs reward students for blind faith and orthodoxy, but hardly any reward students for using reason. Therefore, the Freedom From Religion Foundation is proud to announce its 2016 high school, college and graduate/mature student essay scholarship competitions, which offer more than $30,000 in total cash prizes.

More at link. For full rules, eligibility and deadlines, please click here.

Hat tip to JWN poster rebel8 for including links to both sites at Cult Prevention Advocacy Center.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit