29% of Americans are "Nones"

by IWant2Leave 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

According to a recent Pew Report, ones who are not affiliated with any religion are the fastest growing group. If they were a religion they would be the largest. It's not only J.W.'s who are leaving religion, but cuts across a wide spectrum. I've got to figure out where I fit.

https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wireStory/religion-us-common-reply-now-81745266

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I think this is happening all over the world but for places that are radical like Islamic countries.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is better to have zero religion than a garbage one. And Christi-SCAM-ity is pure garbage. Jesus is nothing more than the archetype of the perfect slave--why would I want to follow that thing? Islam and judaism are no better, either--both are designed to enslave the whole world. And none of those three abominations are worth adhering to.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Are they counting regular attenders? I know some who go on easter and christmas. Others only suddenly need a church for a funeral or maybe wedding

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

All religion is based on no empirical proof. Its all faith based. So there is not one bit of evidence for god.

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

People leave religions because of illogical teachings about God. What if all religions had taught only two sentences such as Mathew 7:12; Mark 4:24 and showed love in their actions, no one would have left religions.

In comparison, atheists are in better standing with God. They can’t digest a God who orders genocide such as given in Numbers 31:17, 18, hence reject such a God. Depiction of True God is given in matthew/5/43-48, and this true God would only be happy with atheists because HE knows that atheists got better perspective about what God should be than religions who put their thoughts into God’s mouth.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    All religion is based on no empirical proof. Its all faith based. So there is not one bit of evidence for god.

Mickbobcat, I love you brother. Please be careful with words like "all" and "never". I like the recent interview between Lloyd Evans and Stephen Woodford aka Rationality Rules at the recent Faithless Forum in Austin, Texas. Woodford is a well read atheist and philosopher. I appreciate his open mindedness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvRV2jEA69o

Woodford agrees that a person can rationally and reasonably get to the conclusion that there could very well be something that fits the general description of a god, but there is no evidence that something is any god as described by the religions of the world. To say there is something that might be a god is feasible. To say it is the god of the Bible is not. To say a particular religion that subscribes to the Bible as its chief text is the on and only true religion has no proof or evidence.

Additionally, to say all religion has no empirical proof is not true. Psychologists, neuroscientists, and physicists who study quantum mechanics are acknowledging the teachings of Buddhism to be accurate. Keep in mind, Buddhism speaks nothing about a personal god, a creator of the universe, or how we got here. It simply addresses the true state of the universe and the human mind as means to end personal suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit