How Many Elders And Ministerial Servants Are There In Your Congregation?

by Village Idiot 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

The reason I asked the question was I am also involved in an International organization but one that is geared towards true charity works. We do not have a HQ that demands of us our every move just a basic guideline of meeting format. The meetings are set and run by the current Worthy Matron who is elected into office by the entire chapter membership and she serves a term of 1 year. Her journey to become Worthy Matron takes 5 years as she is elected into the line of officers. Once she reaches the position of Associate Matron she will invite a gentleman to sit next to her for the next two years. This is honestly really for show and sometimes advise. There are 5 line officers. The entire membership consist of both women and men but more women then men. The average chapter will normally have about 90 to 140 members. With on average at least 20 active commitees. The Worthy Matron must attend all committee meetings, see that at least one fund raiser is held each month, prepare for the visit of the Grand Visitation which is somewhat similar to your CO visit as it is an inspection along with all members from just about every chapter from the state will come to see you perform your meeting so the attendance will be around 400 to 500. Along with a huge reception for all these visitors. No pressure on the Worthy Matron haha. Once you have held the station of Worthy Matron, then every meeting they will ask you to stand and introduce you and honor you. Some of us lucky fools have no clue how to say NO and do this crazy WM thing twice or even more then twice. Twice was enough for me so far.

Oh and we do have a dress code long white formals for the ladies. Guys do not get off to easy either we cut them no slack at all, tuxes guys.

• konceptual99
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Konceptual99,

Very good work I did not mention the organization.

I have been dedicated to the different Masonic organizations for well over 40 years, they are very dear to my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit