Years of GB members appointment

by Lostandfound 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Does anyone know the years of appointment to the GB of its current members please? Is the longest serving member in any way the senior?
  • oppostate
    oppostate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#Governing_Body_members

Governing Body members

Current

The following people are members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses[80] (year appointed in parentheses):

• Samuel Herd (1999)[81]
    • Geoffrey Jackson (2005)[82]
    • M. Stephen Lett (1999)[81]
    • Gerrit Lösch (1994)[83][84]
    • Anthony Morris III (2005)[82]
    • Mark Sanderson (2012)[85][86]
    • David H. Splane (1999)[81]

Former

Prior to 1971, various Watch Tower Society directors were informally identified as members of the "governing body". Jehovah's Witnesses publications began capitalizing Governing Body as a proper noun in 1971; The Watchtower that year announced "The present Governing Body comprises eleven anointed witnesses of Jehovah." These eleven members are indicated in italics in the list below.[87][88] Years active are shown in parentheses. All members served until their deaths unless specified.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Lösch was appointed in '94 making him the longest serving. Scroll down to 'Governing body members' section on the link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

I don't know about Lösch being senior as GB members are supposed to be equal... or what info you're trying to get at but the money end is operated by the President of the 'Watchtower' (the President as of Adams appointment is now a non-GB position for the first time and that was made official off top of my head around 2000) and that is Don Alden Adams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Alden_Adams

Edit: Interestingly, Don's brother is vice president on another arm of the Watchtower. I'm of the mind that any digging for treasures should be done on this side as opposed to the GB... I see the GB as the smokescreen. Watchtower/the money side is where it's gonna be at!

• sir82
    sir82

Interesting that since Jaracz's death, only one new member added (Sanderson),

I understand Jaracz was pretty much THE selection committee, or at least had the most influence.

I wonder how they determined, and who determined, that a 47 year old lifetime bachelor was the best choice in 2012?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I wonder how they determined, and who determined, that a 47 year old lifetime bachelor was the best choice in 2012?

I was told that Holy Spirit had some influence.

Doc

Satire Warning [for those who take everything too seriously].

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Thanks everyone, GB a new creation around the 70s at end of president having all the power. I never thought I would see a younger member of this self perpetuating group, than I am, So Sanderson could be treading the boards courtesy of first class travel for 4 or so decades, ". This generation, will by means die out but be topped up when needed and refreshed " Lostandfound book 1 verse 1 , Sanderson could see in 2050 , wonder is he planning to explain how big A not happened then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit