The Invitations to the Kingdom Hall is Starting Up Again

by Wild_Thing 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

After 15 years, I thought my mom finally accepted that I am never coming back to the Kingdom Hall for any reason. Well ... I guess not.

This weekend, my nieces are staying with her because my JW sister (who is not speaking to me) is out of town. She invited me to go to lunch on Sunday. I said "sure"! She said, "Why don't you just come to the Kingdom Hall with us and we can go to lunch afterwards. You will see so and so there."

I am sure this sounds familiar with most of you.

I said, "Just let me know where you guys want to eat and I'll meet you there after your meeting."

She persisted, " I really wish you would go. I would love for you to meet some of my friends there, and it won't give me any false hope that you're coming back. You've told me before that's why you didn't want to ever come, and I have accepted that, so don't worry about that."

I said, "As I've said before, there are a million places in the world that I can also meet them besides the Kingdom Hall. Why don't you invite them to lunch with us!"

"Well, they would more likely come if you came to the meeting," she said.

"Yeah, I know that's how it works there and that's sad."

She finally dropped it, but sheesh! It sure doesn't sound like she's given up all hope!

• tiki
    tiki
    Ahh go for the entertainment value....its not going to break you...how about if you were an ex-catholic and your mom wanted you to go to mass and meet up some friends and go out for drinks after...same thing different building.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you go, and they run up with their love-bombing saying: "Wasn't that a great public talk or WT Lesson?", then you'll have the opportunity to ask them: "Just what point was it specifically that you consider great?"

[Wait for deafening silence.]

Doc

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Yeah, I know that's how it works there, and that's sad."

Perfect response. And, oh so true. It really is sad.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Well ... there is no way I am going. I haven't stepped one foot in a Kingdom Hall in 15 years, and I'm not starting now.

And tiki .... it is absolutely NOT the same as if she were Catholic. And to be honest ... I don't even want to eat lunch with any of the JWs from her Kingdom Hall.

Every time any of them start going on and on about how they want me to come to the KH, that they miss me and would love to see, blah, blah, blah, I offer to meet them somewhere for lunch, coffee, whatever ... this gives them an opportunity to show their true colors and true motive. The minute they actually take me up on the offer, I will know things are starting to change inside the org. And it is never going to happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit