Txt with uber dub relative. You decide.

by joe134cd 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This is the actuall txt. I have included spelling mistakes and everything.

Relative = Brother X passed away this morning just thought I would let you no

Joe = Man everyone is dying. Did you go to Sister Y funeral the other day. I think a lot of the old timers are now dying.

Relative = No I forgot. Brother Z also died to her husband an he was a circuit overseers in place X when I was a little girl he was 80an baptized 60yrs

Joe = Thats sad that all these older timers are now dieing. As this older generation starts dying off and the newer generation start coming through it will be interesting to see the effect this will have on the more established religions. I think we are seeing this now.

Relative = I don't understand your text he an her husband were circuit overseers when we lived in place X many years ago before you were born an lived a long satisfying life for jehovah

Joe = Thats fantastic that he had a fun satisfying life serving jehovah. What Im talking about is how with a lot of the older ones dieing many religions are having to adopt /adabt/ change to a new set of circumstances.

Joe = There is greater scrutiny now from governments that if organizations want to have tax exemption that they comply with basic human rights and are seen as been a charity for the over all good of the community.

Joe = A very good example of an organization that is been forced to change is the mormon church. Prior to the internet it was much easier to white wash their history, and deny it ever happened. Now with a free flow of information with the click of the mouse the church is now been forced to admit that it's past wasn't so squeaky clean. Here is a very good article discussing the changes that the Mormon church is facing entitled "mormonisim besieged by a modern age". I'm so thankful jehovahs organisation isn't like this.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE80T1CM20120131

Joe = I guess you could say that an organizations procedures and policies comply with best practice if they want tax exemption. An example is scientology has lost it tax exemption in some countries as it was proven that their polices were not in line with best practice.

Relative = Is that right ours must b in line with best practice then jehovah wI'll sort it in his time not ours nor r we to judge other practices but mind our own business not b busy bodies in others affairs

Joe = I'm not talking Jehovah's organisation. I'm talking the changes taking place in mormonisim with the advent of the internet, and organisations changing or been forced to change in order to qualifying for tax exemption as a charity e.g scientology.

Conversation ends.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

His Cognitive Dissonance had kicked in when he said Jehovah would have to "sort it out". He may not have even recognized that uncomfortable feeling that zipped through his thought process, but CD kept him from going any further. For all of us here, we finally stopped to think about that uncomfortable feeling long enough to discover TTATT.

Doc

• Heaven
    Heaven

Joe = Man everyone is dying. Did you go to Sister Y funeral the other day. I think a lot of the old timers are now dying.

This is what happens as we all age. It is a fact of life.

What Botchtower has presented as possible truth about never growing old and living on Paradise Earth is bull crap.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

"Long satisfying life for Jehovah"

This person is talking to themselves...

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

"mind our own business"

Which when translated means: stop looking around outside our bubble, that could lead to thinking

I can sense the uber dub, no exaggeration there

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

JW's favorite catch phrases:

"Leave it in Jehovahs hands" Translation: We can't explain it either, don't worry about it. Shut the hell up.

"The organization if full of imperfect men." Translation: Get over it and move on. There is nothing we can do about it. Suck it up!

There are so many more. The funny thing about it. When one of the regular rank and file members are pulled into a JC and interrogated to the point of humiliation, NO ONE states the above catch phrases. They make a decision over your entire life, DF or reprove you and publically humiliate you in front of the entire congregation. Then 2 or so weeks later they give a talk to the congregation, letting all know the sin you committed.

BUT when you know some higher ups or have money and can some how benefit the cult, they will say the above catch phases and life goes on. Or if you are an elder and have sinned in the past and some time has passed, and you bring that sin to the Elders you get a free pass (see the Elders handbook page 38, paragraph 19 & 20. That's fair?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow.... You may as well hit your head against a wall. Sadly, unless someone chooses to open their minds to facts, no amount of hint dropping will work. It actually causes some to recoil into denial...

However, I applaud your efforts.

• steve2
    steve2

Will you now be marked, Joe? The silence from your relative is deafening. Your relative is numb in their little bubble and may not appreciate having it burst.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

then jehovah wI'll sort it in his time not ours

I've heard this plenty of times. This is usually the last excuse someone uses, after being beaten down to a corner. In this case, he resorted to this right away, which means he is totally devoid of any logic as to why be believes these things.

• steve2
    steve2

then jehovah wI'll sort it in his time not ours

Imagine JWs saying this about the organization's ill-informed policies and procedures for responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.

What a dreadfully limp and uncaring reply about leaving it in Jehovah's hands to sort out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit