by keinlezard 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

JuliaGutgsell publish her thesis I'm reading it , and found it interresting

https://vub.academia.edu/JuliaGutgsell

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. Thanks for posting this.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Oh yes!!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I know the thesis is on how former Jehovah's Witnesses do NOT appreciate the ex-communication as a "loving provision", except... the "loving provision" is meant to be extended only to the congregation. So gross, I know. When I first started waking up after the shunning video shown at the Remain Loyal convention, I bucked against the propaganda spewed forth and was vocal about it (I had no idea that I was an apostate back then, so I had this pleasant assumption that I was free to discuss my qualms about things). Well. My elders were swiftly informed about my dissent (which I had confided to a sister I trusted who promised to "help me" between the two of us) and met with me. They sternly parroted the same old stupid sales pitch that "this is a LOVING provision from Jehovah." Then one of the elders ad-libbed a little and told me how amazing this arrangement was.

"Just think how protective the disfellowshipping arrangement is for Jehovah's organization. We can take our children to any gatherings among us and not be worried about them hearing a swear word. Or have someone smoking at that gathering. Or dealing with the drunkenness of those who have been granted access to our wholesome fellowship."

I nearly died. Really? If your children are that easily "damaged" by hearing a cuss word, experiencing second-hand smoke (which, by law, would have to occur in the outdoors where there's open space to move elsewhere) or seeing someone perhaps drink a little too much - then F*CK ME. Your precious Rod and Todd Flanders Caleb and Sophia clones will be the most easily offended, stumbled, intolerant, judgmental, sheltered and fearful people lacking RESILIENCE when they grow up - a cocktail of traits that are NOT conducive to positive mental health.

Disfellowshipping and "cleansing" the organization with OCD fervor is mentally DAMAGING provision for both those on the inside, AND those on the outside.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Disfellowshipping and "cleansing" the organization with OCD fervor is mentally DAMAGING provision for both those on the inside, AND those on the outside.

Great Thesis statement!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Beautifully said @wake me!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit