Need confirmation: WT bought an entire mountain in China to mine the granite needed for new WT HQ

by WingCommander 33 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

You are welcome, CC. :)

Wing Commander, here is a link with a history of Best Cheer back to 1994. They seem to be a well established company with international connections.

http://www.bestcheer.com/en/about/list_82.aspx

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

The WT has TONS of underground activity going on in China. It's easy for them to create a corporation that has no direct ties to the banned religion. They did similar things in the US when buying up property in New York. I personally know that they have corporations that they own/use in China for buying and warehousing all manner of Chinese made products to be used in other countries. I don't know the corporation names but I know some that have worked at them in China.

I could see them buying an mountain and using "need greaters" or Chinese JWs to mine the granite.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

China is the greatest exporter of Granite to the United States. When you go to vendors anywhere in the US, chances are the slabs have come from China. Costs would not be driven down even if it was possible to purchase a Chinese quarry(or mountain) and have your own labor force(JWs with quarry experience in all phases? NOT LIKELY) preparing the stone for export.

The story as presented is complete rubbish.

More likely, WT purchased the equivalent of a "mountain" in granite from a US vendor.(WT could easily set themselves up as a vendor) And like many stories coming from the R&F it has been embellished and amounts to a fairy tale.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    thegirlnextdoor: WT could easily set themselves up as a vendor

The bill of ladings, that I linked to, show that the WT is buying directly from a Chinese company.

• resluprubo
    resluprubo

100% certified BS

Sorry about that.

• millie210
    millie210

Wasnt there a thread here a while ago about a brother in California who made a granite piece of some sort to be used on the loading bay at the new facility and when he tried to ship it - the Org rejected it?

Dont know the proper terminology for what the piece he made is called but I remember some of the comments suggesting that was ridiculous in a loading/unloading dock because they are usually all concrete.

• stanley theater
    stanley theater

All very interesting BUT

First of all WT is not banned in China.

The religion is not APPROVED but that is very different.

WT has established Global Purchasing there, and has many NY bethelites assigned under visas issued via WT.

China is not concerned about WT. if they do business there, that is fine , they are small beer. They are more concerned about Falun Gong for example with more than 300 million followers.

Please keep things in perspective.

Stanley

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I call bullshit, if only because - from what I've seen - there simply doesn't seem to be an overwhelming amount of stonework being done at Warwick.

• fulano
    fulano
    What a BS sometimes on this forum, that's why we are most of the time not been taken seriously.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Is there any information on how much they say Wallkill's costing? Anybody seen it being discussed anywhere or rumours? Let's just say I'll know for sure if they're lying.

Regards granite from China, it's not as expensive as you might think when you buy in bulk and China sells it mega cheap. Even granite producing countries are importing it because it's not the granite that's expensive, it's getting it out and cutting it that is. Wallkill isn't even the size of a mountain so I think that squashes that idea and 150 tonnes of Granite isn't that much. Be interesting to see the total amount. However, it would be right up their street to spin this bullshit by saying they bought a mountain because it was cheaper, just so they could buy a mountain and then sell granite for profit (on the sly?). The accounts will be an interesting read. This is one to keep tabs on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit