Watchtower facility tour

by Etude 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Etude
    Etude

I'm curious. It's been a long time since I've even come near the Borganization. Do they still allow "tours" in their facilities? I used to be a tour guide in Brooklyn and at the Farm in Wallkill. It will probably be painful to go back and sneak a peek, but it may also be cathartic. I figure that everyone I knew is either dead, has left or never knew me. Where would I go to pay a "visit."

Etude.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

On YouTube check out the John Cedars Channel his name is actually a Lloyd Evans and he took a video tour through the facility Upstate New York and it's about a 45-minute long video I think

• staypuft
    staypuft

They do. Most of the current tours are centered around Warwick, where we learn that the lavish levels of finish were accomplished at a great discount (for example, the society has their own granite mine somewhere. Didn't Jesus have one of those?)

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

There are 'museums' at some of the facilities now (Warwick particularly) which take up much of the modern tour.

• Half banana
    Half banana

There is a superb irony in a doomsday cult having a museum.

If their message had been truthful, there would be no need to commemorate their history of preaching because its purpose (in the case of the Watchtower) should have been realised over one hundred years ago. . .

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

This one is interesting. And a little of a giggle too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3305c_CF6IM

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The tours of Warwick do not seem to offer much in the way of really seeing the place. They appear limited to visitor areas and museum displays. Lloyd Evans' video is very good.

I remember as a kid our congregation trips to London Bethel. We were shown all the huge printing presses and services . One time it was the Branch Overseer that showed us round. They were not so secretive in those days.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    We took a tour of Warwick a couple of years ago, and didn't really see much. The main lobby area, the museum, the auditorium, which doubles as a kingdom hall, that's about it. It was bitter cold wintertime, so we didn't go outside around the lake at all. We did get to go up the observation tower to look around, which I think was a little unusual. The whole experience was pretty dull actually.
  • Etude
    Etude

How they have changed! It scares me a little. Certainly, they are very protective and have gotten sophisticated. The irony is they don't realize that their increased paranoia is a reflection of their own uncertainty and insecurity. If there's nothing to hide, why hide it? No. I'm glad I asked. I now have no interest at all in visiting any of their facilities. It will never be like going down memory lane. Thanks, everybody!

Etude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit