out for a long time

by Sledracer 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

One more thing to add - as to spirituality.

What is more spiritual, really, than volunteer work? Every community has needs for volunteers - if you don't want to be in a group there are always neighbors who need a little help, especially elderly.

Mrs. F

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Sledracer, and welcome.

It's true that it can be harder to make friends when we didn't go to school and share the young family life. Do the two of you work together? There's a lot of healing to be done, for the family, and for you. Have you been able to talk to anyone before this, or have you been all alone? There are things you can do to help, and first off, taking care of yourself - do you have a United Unitarian Church in your community? I'm not religious, but know they are kind communities, and define the term 'ecumenical'.

I used to love sledding when I was young. : )

Oh, and what Mrs. Flipper said - volunteering is one of the best ways to connect with people in your community And it will be something you enjoy. xx

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

15 years out and look at the pull of the indoctrination. You know some of the vile things they do and are actually thinking like a dog returning to its vomit. Victims of abuse always think it will be different this time. It never is.

There is a world full of beautiful people. It sounds like maybe you need to get out and find more of them. The fact that you're thinking like you are shows how dangerous the JWs are.

• Stirred
    Stirred

I felt so for some time after initially leaving. Pangs are still there at times for something....after 20+ years, but finding a network of support and friends that allow you to ask open questions, where yoga pants when you want, and actually care about your family's well-being is so much of a stronger need for me and my family now.

You can sing at home, thought I know it is not the same...spfind new ways to pluck that strong for yourself.

Peace,

SNS-Becoming

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    I agree with Alive's comments above!
    Well said!
  • Sledracer
    Sledracer
    I am missing a support group, a little, I am very content and busy in my life. I sometimes think I should desire, spiritual things and association. I feel like so much was shoved down my throat, when I was in, and so much repetition. So nice to be learning new things. Where I live it is very hard to make friends. And yes, I know I would have to lie through my teeth, if I wanted to come back. The thought of listening to the same old, same old makes you kind of want to puke. Sometimes I think I should want these spiritual things, but usually I don't. Which seems is a problem in a way. My husband has left as well, and will never go to a church.
  • Sledracer
    Sledracer
    I am a little famous, as me and my son put together a documentary with about eight elders from the Bethel disfellowshipping my son for asking questions. He purposely did this, and we recorded it. lol The elder are told they are not allowed to ask us about what happened in Toronto. lol Of course, curiosity got one and he asked. lol
  • Sledracer
    Sledracer

I am very busy doing good deeds, I am a behavioral dog trainer, and board dog's regularly. We are both voice over artists and never have enough time to do all the audiobooks, advertisements, and lessons, etc. involved. So isolation contributes to our art, sometimes I think it is unhealthy though.

• Sledracer
    Sledracer
    I usually hate them, I had a weird phone call, from a friend who was Pentecostal, that learned the doctrines from a Rabbi, majority JW's belief's, she was so glad to be freed from the false doctrines and so excited about the biblical hope, I thought maybe I don't appreciate it. I used to feel excited like that as well.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Welcome. I caution you about returning. You would be expected to shun your son. Please don't play their games just for singing and association. Join musicalvtheater or the rotary. Network marketing at least doesn't demand that you die or reject your children to maintain association.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit