15 Year Old Mormon Girl Tortured For Being Gay

by cofty 7 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

Alex Cooper, a former Mormon, offers a terrifying account of being held hostage for eight months in an unlicensed “residential treatment program” modeled on the many “therapeutic” boot camps scattered across Utah.

At the Mormon run “treatment center” Alex was physically and verbally abused. Many days she was forced to stand facing a wall wearing a heavy backpack full of rocks. She developed sores on her shoulders and cramps in her back. She eventually attempted suicide and repeatedly tried to escape, but when she was caught, the Mormons running the center beat her.... more

"Mormonism, because JWs need somebody to laugh at."

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'm sure a JW or two has made use of conversion therapy for their gay children.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    Eeek! This is awful! Poor Girl.
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

If Jesus can murder you for not accepting him as 'Lord', and then 'feed you to the vultures' (Revelation19: 11-21) what's wrong with a bit of torture to 'knock some sense into your head'?

At its heart, Christianity is a violent religion.

The above incident is not uncommon.

October 16, 2015 - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34553332

• Island Man
    Island Man

The OT recommended pelting gays to death with stones. This gay girl was only made to wear a backpack full of stones. That's a step up from the OT prescription, wouldn't you say?

The idiocy and atrocities of religion knows no bounds because once you can get people to accept extreme, outlandish ideas you can also get them to behave in extreme, outlandish ways.

• zeb
    zeb
    Some of the nicest women I have known have been gay as some of the nastiest have not.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    For some reason the link you provided is broken. . . . I'll try to google it.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    It's mind boggling that people "Today" believe they can beat the gayness out of you..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit