Watchtower go full on propaganda!

by David Graham 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Room 215
    Room 215
    "Billions of people are going to be destroyed in a messy angelic fireball. Cut off family who disagree with the fireball idea. Follow orders from the GB even if they don't make sense. All governments and UN are controlled by Satan.

...no they won't find any extremist literature in the Kingdom Hall"

Beautifully said, SBF!

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

data dog,

Yep, fully agree with your post. Jdubs do scary stuff to get their literature out there into peoples hands and have a history of it. Who planted the books is actually irrelevant and i was just having a bit of fun like whodunnit because its the small fight, the obvious distraction...

David graham,

It's not a huge plot, it's a silly little video of distraction which i watched once and laughed. There's 4 agendas at play in this topic. 1. The puppet jdubs, 2. Whoever controls watchtower, 3. The security of a country in this case russky's. 4. The intelligence of the countries with an interest in this case u.s. but as we know watchtower is international so any country's intelligence with an interest.

Agenda of 1 is irrelevant so long as they are who they say they are - normal jdub door knockers, missionaries, preachers.

Agenda of 2, 3 and 4 is where the game is.

Agenda 3 is why this vid even exists so to say it's got nothing to do with it does not make sense at all. Very naive!

Common knowledge that 4 uses 1 as a guise if it wants hence why immediately a country with agenda 3 would restrict certain religions and organizations with capabilities of agenda 1 and 2 and removing their literature gets rid of the risk posed by preaching as a guise and money movements etc. Question of interest for this forum is, is 2 aware or not about the ways they can be used by 4.

• Mephis
    Mephis

They certainly are keen to highlight when their religious freedoms are in danger. Things like child abuse not so much.

Agree with konceptual for reasons given in other threads. 'Extremist literature' in the terms currently being used in Russia is so generally applied at the moment that anything could be banned under it if the authorities wanted to, Orwell for example. JWs are being wrongfully treated in Russia at the moment. As are a large number of other 'minority' groups who are being targeted for not conforming sufficiently.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

I'm all for freedom of speech, expression, to practice whatever religion etc. you want but when that is applied to a cult like JW's, who uses mind control, hate speech, lies and misdirections that separates families, kills people and leaves them with mental illness, just in order to keep it's members separate from society and make money, that freedom is abused by said cult and it's within the interests of the government to stop it as their capacity to look after the safety of the general public!

And that goes for any country!

• Mephis
    Mephis
    JWs in Russia are considered 'extremist', by the law being used against them, because they teach that their religion is better than others. By that standard, every religion is extremist. I look forward to the Russian state closing down the Orthodox church. Vsya vlast sovetam and all that. Lots of wrong done by JWs. Some illegal stuff done by JWs. Introducing laws to persecute them, other minority religions, the LGBT community etc etc. is not really something anyone with half an ounce of sense would actively support.
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    There's about 10 twisted counter-arguments to make but I'm at work. I exclusively class JW's as extreme within your argument and do not see it as being related to any other religion or indeed any other community. If I was the leader of a country I would ban it on the grounds of mental health reasons. Whatever reason the Russky's have made could be not the full reason. I don't know as I haven't read about it.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    That's kind of my point Skedaddle. But still you're cheering it on. You'd think stopping to read a bit before doing that would be useful. But clearly not. Any more Putin videos to share? They're at least amusing watching how an autocrat functions.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

While no fan of the religion of Jehovahs Witnesses for a plethora of reasons, I am less of a fan of squelching free speech and in fact planting evidence against otherwise innocent people. This is so Russian its almost cartoonish.

They don't deserve it, and unfortunately the authorities there doing this may not even realize its just a rallying cry for the oppressed JW's earth wide. I'm pretty sure the Russian Orthodox Church clearly teaches everlasting hellfire for non believers. Is that really any more "extremist" than end times rhetoric?

JWtalk is hilarious. The comments.........."Russia has a powerful demon prince in charge! It must be soooooo close!"

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Good grief....

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    @Mephis - I struggled to make sense of what I read to be honest. That could have been your fault or mine. From what I understand you were disagreeing with me and trying to make it sound like I'm cheering on laws that squash freedom of speech or freedoms of other groups to express themselves etc. which is not the case. For the record, I'm not a fan of the P. prince or his methods. Quite frankly he lets his ego take him to war like a fool but that's another conversation. If you say we're agreeing, then cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit