Oh happy people

by zeb 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My wife went to the one day ASS-embly and said that she had to leave immediately after. No going out with friends, just crying all the way home. She said she didn't really know why she was crying.

Once she got home, made a cocktail and spent some time with the pets she was much better.

JW conventions = mandatory, mind-numbing, repetetive, soul-sucking boredom. They are an extra long meeting. The cult has nothing but empty promises to offer, along with guilt trips.

My wife is beginning to notice that everyone is dying. No "new world" has magically appeared. I have to believe that she's feeling the TTATT in her soul, even if she's trying to ignore it.

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply calmly and mildly ask, "is something wrong?, because you seem very tense every time you come back from the meetings"

Then don't engage in any arguments if she tries to blame it on you. Just repeat agin "you seem very tense and unhappy before and after every meeting"

Do that while remaining relaxed and calm...she will note the difference....

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

All of the above, plus my thought is maybe she wants but doesn't get recognition and attagirls for being so spiritual - giving all this effort and time to prepare for and attend meetings. Her sacrifices of leaving home for God all the time. Plus being mad about having to be humble in the congregation, never being good enough, etc. But it's not right to blame WT and God, so come home and take it out on her loved ones who won't reject her for acting like that.

Might not take a whole lot for her to wake up, but takes time. I hope the right circumstances gather for her to see the reality.

Marina

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Is it a passive aggressive way to get back at you for not going?

I saw that sort of nonsense and felt the same way as you with my ex. It sounds like a way of sucking you down to her level, I fell for that for a while. Eventually I made the decision that I would be happy on my own, no matter how she felt. It short circuited the cycle when I simply went and did my own thing and was happy about it no matter her childish and petty mood swings surrounding the cult.

• kairos
    kairos
    Looking back, now I know why after getting home from the meetings I would begin heavy drinking.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is it with meetings?. So often she comes home throws her bag down and stomps around the house.

The meetings Definitely aren`t making her happy..

..............................................................Put Me Down..

..............................................You Don`t Have To Go Any More..

Image result for angry wife

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Sowhatnow was the closest. I know this from personal experience. She is embarrassed that you don't go with her, and she feels lonely. She sees 'everyone else' supported by their husbands, sees complete families all together, but she sits there alone. She thinks about it on the lonely drive home and gets mad at you for doing this to her.

I would suggest planning something to do together after the meeting, maybe take her out to lunch Sundays when she gets home, like you probably used to do when you were both going.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I used to come home from meetings in a pissy funk aswell, I mean seriously, the meetings are awful, there is something wrong if you don't come home pissed off about something that was said or read.

The good news is it just meant I was waking up and didn't know it yet.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I like Fay's idea. Make plans for you two for after she gets home. Investigate interesting things and then ask her to go along with you. Don't get discouraged if she says no at first. You can talk about the interesting market you found, or restaurant, nice park to walk in, etc. and hopefully she will eventually begin to join you, and hopefully see a better side of life?
  • talesin
    talesin

She's probably tired and discouraged. She knows 'something is not right', but has never considered anything BUT 'the truth'. She feels the same disorientation that many *here* feel, and doesn't know why she isn't happy. Coming home from the meetings is just horrible - she's bored and disillusioned, and comes home to what? Just another day in paradise. xx J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit