Big Boldfaced Lie in Meeting Workbook for August 1-7, 2016

by SAHS 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

There is a fundamental lie which I couldn’t help noticing today in the Our Christian Life and Ministry—Meeting Workbook for August 1-7, 2016. It is in the little supplemental page considered this week under the title “Improving Our Skills in the Ministry—Helping Bible Students to Progress to Dedication and Baptism,” in the first paragraph (labelled “WHY IMPORTANT”), third sentence. Here is that sentence:

A Christian’s dedication is to Jehovah—not to a human, a work, or an organization.

(The highlighting of the pertinent words is mine.)

Here is a direct link to that particular page: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202016284

Did you catch it? As I’m sure everyone is aware, the two questions addressed to baptismal candidates were changed in 1985 (as per the Watchtower of June 1, 1985, p. 30).

BEFORE 1985, those two questions had been:

(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him the Father through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightenment of the holy spirit?

HOWEVER, SINCE 1985 the questions were changed to:

(1) On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

(Again, all the highlighting of the pertinent words is mine.)

It’s rather sly and crafty in the way this somewhat subtle change was brought about. It may not seem like a lot, at least on the first glance, but in actuality it is rather glaring and quite telling about the workings of the Watch Tower Society and how it views itself. This week’s Meeting Workbook states that a Christian’s dedication is not to a human, a work, or an organization. Yet, indeed, as we can readily see from the current second baptismal question, the candidates are asked to confirm that their dedication and baptism are in identification with Jehovah’s Witnesses (a fundamentalist sect) and their supposedly “spirit-directed” (very human) organization!

Just how honest is that statement being read at the evening meeting this week in all the congregations? Well, I believe that I don’t need to answer that. I will simply let everyone answer for themselves. It’s all, as they say, in black and white.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Big Boldfaced Lie in Meeting Workbook for August 1-7, 2016

A Christian’s dedication is to Jehovah—not to a human, a work, or an organization.

In all seriousness..

Who expects the WBT$ to Speak Truthfully??!!......Why would you??!!..

Watchtower Advocates Lying (Theocratic Warfare Strategy/WBT$ Approved lying)..

IT`s NOT A WELL KEPT SECRET..
    http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/10_1_138.gif

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Double talk. They are damn near brilliant at it. Here it is.

Your dedication is to Jehovah not to an organization or men. Your salvation is dependent on how you work with those men and that organization in part however, because Jehovah has appointed them. See how you are dedicated to Jehovah and not men but need to listen to men because Jehovah wants you to?

My head hurts.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But God chose the GB don't you know?

So, because they are his direct channel, it is as if he himself is talking through them....

BUT, that therefore means that God GOT THINGS WRONG SO MANY TIMES, and must be prone to mistakes....

• freddo
    freddo

So why are they highlighting this subject? Could it be that baptisms are down?

HQ are getting the figures every month and can project what the final count will be and I guess it ain't pretty!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We all know they can't say 2 things that agree with each other.

Looking at the craptism 'vow' there is a phrase in there, that they'll fall back on...

(2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’sspirit-directed organization?

Yup, 'in association with...'

that still doesn't get them around 'one of Jehovah's witnesses', which in itself IS the organisation.

Who outside of the cult will ever see this though? No one, that's who. Why? Because in the grand scheme of things the watchtower(tm) is just another scam to be avoided by sane people.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

It is interesting also the emphasis on "dedication" as a singular act or goal. But look in the article and see if you can find a single verse that describes this. Verses for baptism can be found, but not for an act of dedication.

I think Mt 16:24 is sometimes used which roughly describes the need for disciples of Jesus to be 'dedicated' (as an adjective). But there is no explicit instruction to perform a 'dedication' ceremony, nor any example in the NT of anyone doing this. Yet WT is insistent that this is a necessary prerequisite to baptism.

The Pharisees were also good at turning general instructions into specific ritual acts.

Bobcat

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, since the WT hierarchy (for all intents and purposes) equates itself with "Jehovah"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit