The Effects Of Instant Information At Your Finger Tips How Will The Watchtower Ever Survive Very Long?

by Brokeback Watchtower 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Magnum: I believed that people had to have curiosity, integrity, strength, honesty, and a willingness to be different to hear and act on the "ring of truth".

However, I continued to be curious; I continued to question and seek. I grew in honesty and strength. My curiosity, integrity, honesty, etc. led me to where I am today. I believe that I have now reached a 2nd level, a higher level of curiosity and integrity, and I think they many, if not most, JWs won't be able to do that.

The way JW operate, they will most likely only find 'level 1' curious people.
    You know, the type of people that might wonder about important questions, but are too lazy (or just not curious enough) to really investigate.
    So, when a stranger knocks at their door (or when they are born-in) and delivers the apparent answers on a silver platter on their doorstep, they are curious enough to listen to what he has to say.
    And when they hear that initial 'ring-of-truth' their other fine qualities (integrity, strength, honesty) help them to be sucked in to the cult.

Any 'level 2' curious person already did his own research, and if he encounters JW already is much better equipped with knowledge and opinions to see through their bullsh#t.

While writing this I suddenly realize that all those people I encountered in field 'service' that directly rejected me/Watchtower/Jehovah...they were not all ignorant, unwilling to learn or investigate, dishonest or less than integer. Many of them might have been, but a large portion had already investigated all kinds of topics, reached an honest conclusion, and knew up-front that whatever I was going to say wasn't worth their time.
    Like I already know up-front that their is no value in letting a young-earth-creationist try to 'prove' to me that the earth is actually a little over 6k years old. I heard it all, he can bring nothing new, so no thanks.

In field service it was me - blindfolded by Watchtower - who wasn't curious, honest, integer and strong enough to really listen to what those people I met had to say, and then investigate that. It was me who was on level 1 or less for all these fine qualities.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said joe134cd!
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Religion unfortunately is a very effective social technology. As Scientology and North Korea show it doesn't even have to be abrahamic bible based. I think the world has changed a lot, and I think it will take the next gen to really do without religion.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outlaw - "Watchtower will be here in some form or another, long after we're all dead and gone."

Maybe so.

However, I'd be willing to bet that by 2050, it'll be just a half-million or so online-only members, with just the Warwick compound serving as a) the GB's retirement home, and b) incentive for the few loyalists to aspire to move to someday.

I could live with that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The Internet is a wonderful thing! @Brokeback, this week I've been showing my granddaughter the you tube clips of the Australian court questioning the elders, and the great one of Kevin Bowditch struck speechless when asked "You don't care about children outside the congregation, do you?"

My granddaughter has been away from the jw for two years now, and has often commented about how great her life is now compared to the ridiculous stifling wt culture. Being able to see the hidden side of wt helps her understand a lot about how she was treated and what her family history involves.

A LOT of help available on the net!

Marina

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    social media has changed the goalposts in unprecedented ways never seen before, not just the interweb, the ARC was streamed on YouTube live that may not have been possible 15 years ago, false username/aliases can be used by the R&F, their growth and haemorrhaging of members has been unprecedented in most of their history, the 1960's-1970's had them trapped with the 1975 nonsense, the 1980's had them salivating with the end of the millennium and the completion of the preaching work and the creators promise to be fulfilled, yet in the 1990's we saw the OLG! LOL, KH's sold,D2D almost finished, Branches sold off, meetings reduced etc the list continues, the next 10 years will be pivotal not just to them but other cults as well.
  • flipper
    flipper

I agree with Village Idiot and Magnum very much so on this subject. JW's are taught NOT to have curiosity about things outside the JW experience. They are NOT taught about REAL integrity- only " integrity " that follows or protects the WT organization. JW's are TAUGHT NOT to have ethics and are Taught NOT to question anything they are taught from the WT Society. If anything- they are trained , and indeed demanded of to BELIEVE everything coming out of the mouths of the GB, WT publications, and anything on their websites or at their meetings.

With the mind control and brain manipulation tactics flooding through the average JW's brain neurotransmitters in their nerve endings - unless something interrupts the false flow of WT information pouring into their minds - that information becomes their " world view " if they don't check the Internet or get access to other information that might free them ! As some of you mention - like Desirous of Change mentioned- something needs to rock their boat in order to awaken to TTATT . Either they have to suffer injustices personally from WT authority figures or see loved ones get the shaft from other JW's. Sometimes even THAT doesn't work due to the mind control.

It's like we are dealing with pre-programmed robots here people - almost like a scene out of the old Yul Brynner movie " Westworld " where these pre-programmed robots went crazy destroying everything . Until there is a disconnect within a typical JW - the destruction of families continues . The power of mind control cannot be underestimated. One reason I feel we Ex-JW's need to keep speaking out about this criminal organization the WT Society

• cofty
    cofty
    The internet is making recruitment very difficult, especially if potential JWs investigate at an early stage.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One reason I feel we Ex-JW's need to keep speaking out about this criminal organization the WT Society.

I think the greatest witness we can give as an XJW is to live a happy and "good" life. JWs would like to think that everyone who leaves has done so because they want to pursue a life of debauchery or because they are guilty about something or because they have lost "Jehovah's Spirit" as a result of some secret sins.

It boggles their mind when they see that you are 1) still married; 2) not smoking; 3) not a drunk; 4) not in jail; 5) enjoying a happy life even though you have "left Jehovah's loving bOrganization".

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• just fine
    just fine

From what I can see in my family, the curiosity isn't there, because if they allow the Watchtower to make all the decisions for them, they aren't responsible for the outcome. If they make their own decisions then the outcome is theirs, and they are reluctant to take on that responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit