Are faded jw;s still counted as members by the sect.?

by atomant 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• atomant
    atomant
    lm certain the sect would have an accurate figure would be interesting to know how many though.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    They're not counted in any official figures (unless they go to the memorial still). I would have to agree that I'd be surprised if they weren't tracking some (unreleased) stats on the number of inactive ones that are out there and what their demographics are. These stats are probably a big part of the recent push to contact inactive/dfed ones. That, and they probably realize that publishers are much more productive at reactivating latent indoctrination in those that left but didn't find TTATT vs trying to convert someone they talk to at the door.
  • fulano
    fulano

Not every month report = irregular publisher, still counts end of year.

Six months no report= inactive, does not count anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

irregular...not turn time in one month out of 6

inactive..not turn time in 6 months out of 6 continuous

Going to meetings does not matter in their count as members...just for the CO to use if you need pep talk for the congregation on meeting attendance.

That's why the elder in charge of service records can nag you to turn in at least 1 hour each month and can back date late monthly hours.

Since the WTS does an annual count once a year, if you don't turn in time for 12 months continuous, you won't be in their numbers that year.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have not been counted for 8, or 9 years then.

That still does not stop them thinking of us as merely inactive, and therefore every so often we get a knock on the door by some JW hoping we will "come to our senses" LOL.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    And as for me and my household, we will not be counted as JWs. :)
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

According to the latest FAQ section, you are no longer a "witness" if you are inactive. It doesn't matter if you are the most caring, humble, Xian; helping widows and orphans, not REPORTING service = dead man walking.

LET'S REVIEW: IT'S A FRIGGIN CULT!!!!!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit