Restrictions imposed by the government that affect our activities should be followed. —Rom. 13:1.

by Anders Andersen 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In their Covid19 related instructions Watchtower writes:

Restrictions imposed by the government that affect our activities should be followed. —Rom. 13:1.

What changed?

What's the difference with restrictions on JW activity imposed by Russian and other authorities?

Why pick and choose which directions to obey, and which not?

• minimus
    minimus

If fits their ideals. This way they can get rid of meetings and field ministry altogether and say they were obeying the superior authorities

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

The way I see it, the only reason they would WANT to get rid of meetings in an actual building is because they would like to sell-off said buildings.

Otherwise, wouldn’t they be clamoring to get back into these buildings the way some churchgoers want to get back to the churches?

• waton
    waton

It is the same as the reason we did not have WW 3. The leader abstained, not for fear of god, but because they , their families, their wealth would be destroyed too, not just the rank and file in the trenches, cities.

Jws, Personally working the public, exchanging "life giving" material, "bringing in the harvest" would be too much for the true leadership of the "true religion."

Heaven can wait.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I will bring that out, minus where and how I got it, any time that I am informed that JW's "endure" persecution to keep preaching in spite of bans.

They condemn themselves by their own words!

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Following are the differences:

1. COVID-19 restrictions are put on everyone, Russian ban is only on JW's.

2. COVID-19 restrictions are restrictions, Russian restrictions are more than that- it's the criminalization of a faith.

3. During COVID, you can meet, preach and sing on Zoom or online, but in Russia, even doing that can being criminal charges.

4. COVID is a restriction on your physical activity. not faith; the Russian ban is the opposite.

Restrictions make sense to follow or not when they are imposed on everyone indiscriminately, but if they are imposed on only one person or only one group,or on one activity, then that becomes discrimination.

the Russian ban on JW's doesn't make sense, when other groups equally or more dangerous are allowed to remain legal.

People here wholeheartedly supported the COVID lockdown, but do you remember how people here got angry when governments started allowing churches to open up, when other group activities were still restricted? That's what I am talking about.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

I heard that too on this tuesday .. .

But I ask me and "What about Russian JW who were oblige to fight against Russia ?"

For us ... we follow law ... and for Russia, jw must fight ... and worlwide JW must wrote letters !!!

It's so strange .... what is exactly the différence ? GB could have protected Russian JW ... but They choosed

a strict opposition to the Russian authorities despite risks for Russian JW ... and now the 8 old men are

afraid by Covid .... then "jw must obey " ?

Best Regards

• tiki
    tiki

The total ban on the religion in some countries yes...they pulled the obeying God as ruler rather than man...and kept meeting and witnessing on the sneak. But weren't there countries that would simply restrict meetings and they would have "picnics in the park" to circumvent that?

Whatever...I bet there will be enough KH real estate up for sale...got to have that money siphoned off. My curiosity is what entity is really behind this particular storefront....

• Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Yes but on weekly base the hall should check and continuously keep it in good shape....you never know when start the sale :)

BR

IC

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Makes sense.

They always made a distinction between “Caesar's” things and “God’s” things. They have never had a problem with obeying Caesar, as long as it doesn’t cross that subjective line. And that have always been in control of that line. And it isn’t always consistent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit