CLAM - JUNE 2016

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

First week focuses on utilizing videos in combination with tracts. For the WTBTS, this is a low cost approach to placements and prosyletising.

Second week focuses on those who are ill. This is somewhat surprising in that the subject was discussed recently in the WT study (Dec 15 2015 edition - "Jehovah Will Sustain You") considered at the end of February this year.

Third week focuses on Psalms 45-51 with the theme "Jehovah Will Not Reject a Broken Heart". This is a truly amazing theme for the teaching/writing committee to put forward for consideration. I say this because of the copious examples of the WTBTS and its congregation officers engaging in the very antithesis of the stated theme. How many times have we heard of individuals approaching their BoE's for help - especially in the case of a victim of a child abuser only for that victim to be deprecated, marginalised, and worse. How many times have we heard of individuals being victims of bullying BoE's and their broken heart demolished into splinters. This subject being highlighted is a jaw dropping surprise for me. If anyone has a broken heart, it is best not to disclose it to the BoE or agents of the WTBTS as they are trained to get you to repeat that you are an integrity keeper, and then furnish them with coffee and cookies.

This third week also has an item called "The Kingdom - 100 Years and Counting". The page confirms that the book God's Kingdom Rules! will be the study item at the CBS from Sept 19. This makes me glad that the CBS is now at the end of the meeting. I can just leave the meeting and escape this historical revisionism.

Fourth week focuses on Psalms 52-59 with the theme - "Throw Your Burden on Jehovah". That's more like it. This is consistent with Mark 12:28-30 - "Now one of the scribes that had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first of all?” 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant
    What is CLAM?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    CLAM = Cristian Life and Ministry meeting
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Oh-this must be the old service meeting. WTS and its continued BS. Thanks.

What is CBS?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    CBS: Congregation Book Study
  • fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant

Thanks so much for your replies.

It has been over ten years since I have been to a meeting.

I am so thankful to be able to think for myself now and not try to keep up with all the changes.

Ah, the sweet air of freedom!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"the kingdom 100 years and counting"?

Huh?

Wasn't there a big deal about it being 100 years over 2 years ago? (1914 - 2014)

Now we can still use that hype and just add the words "and counting" and that should buy us another decade or so before anyone sees the irony...

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    more ct backs cheeper for the borg in the long run if people show videos rather than give magazines etc
  • Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

My OP did not accept the whole draft for some reason or other. This is the intended last paragraph......

Notice that there is no human intermediary or institution here. It is between you and Almighty God. This is something which no Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, Priest, Guardian of Doctrine, Circuit Overseer, or Elder can give you. Neither can they take it away. The WTBTS is therefore emanently dispensible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit