Update on my current life

by umadevi 8 Replies latest jw friends

• umadevi
    umadevi

Hi everyone :)! I'm visiting this site after few years here and it's feels like coming home! Just a recap on my past visits here ... I was a confused single JW mom with a 9 year old son in 2011. Some friends here sent me soft copies of COC and few other ebooks which gave me the courage and strength to exit from WT Society. Best ever decision I made! :)

Now my son is doing very well in his school. He is also active in school activites and has represented his school in numerous interschool/interstate competitions. I am glad that I instilled the importance of education in him.

When I disassociated from WTS in 2011, I left all my friends behind. I wrote them letters explaining my exit. Some I met and talked but all of them totally ignored me when I left. The only consolation was that none of my family or relatives were JW.

It was like starting a new life in a way ... making new friends and adjusting my view on 'worldly' people. It's been an interesting journey this past few years. I learn to accept, appreciate and trust people around me. I have fully regained my self confidence and independence now. I can proudly say now that I'm 100% free of JW cult.

P.S - Some of JW friends exited in later years and they came looking for me, even apologised for treating me as an outcast. We are currently rebuilding our relationships.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome back umadevi ,that`s a good success story, good to hear tour son is doing o.k. also Take care

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for the update, and it is really great to hear you and your son are doing so well !

Good luck as he goes through his teens ! I have two sons, now grown men, but they were pretty good during the growing-up period really, I am sure your boy will appreciate all his mom does for him.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hello!

Lovely post.

We are travelling a similar path as well. It is great to hear how well your life is "post-WT"

Many "friends" will abandon us, yet "real friends" will always make their way back to us. Or new, more loyal friends will be made that surpass anything we had before.

As is often said on this forum, "the best revenge is to live a happy and successful life"

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

Congratulations on your successful life post WTB&TS!! :) I've only been on this forum a few months but I love reading success stories such as yours - they are so very encouraging for someone like me who is still going through the process.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Awesome update Umadevi!!! Thanks for making my day. I am so happy for you and those others that have left too.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thank you so very much for stopping in and sharing your "success story".

You were so fortunate to not have any or all of your family members "stuck in", so no fear of them rejecting you for your decision to bail out of the Borg. Most of us do not have those circumstances and thus hesitate to make the dramatic exit. I think that your letter of explanation was likely to have helped some of the others awaken.

It appears that you have gotten your "revenge".

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

A lot of good news today. Thanks for sharing.

Continue to be well.πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸ’

DY

• raven
    raven

WOW! I hope that I too can gain the confidence that you have developed since exiting the WT. I am currently trying to fade out but it is such a difficult and painful process being that my immediate family is in the organization.

Much love,

your friend Raven!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit