My Personal Invitation to the Celebration of the Lord's Evening Meal

by TMS 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Maybe that step will take years, maybe not. But I can assure you that getting a dose of TTATT is like getting exposed to radiation: Even if you don't feel it yet, it is reaching down to your bones and you won't ever be able to get rid of it.

Fantastic stephaneLa....👍

I also think that line about Jehovah'appalling sense of justice will have hit home to some extent, if true so obviously a freak tragedy the Israelites, like much else, attributed to an imaginary god.

Its good for dubs to meet intelligent, ordinary, polite exdubs with well thought out reasons for leaving of their own volition. I often think the " herd mentality" is one reason they don't see the issues with the cult.." If all these sane people think its true, we can't ALL be wrong - these non JW's just dont KNOW enough about it" type thinking. The more they hear that many people DO know their religion AND think its wrong the better.

• steve2
    steve2

A calm, considered respectful exchange packs way more lasting and unsettling punch than screamers with banners.

JWs easily - and smugly - dismiss nutjobs who howl in their faces - but these same JWs can be rattled by an intelligent, orderly exchange - even if they do not acknowledge how they are feeling inside at the time.

How do I know? That lady speaking to TMS was me many years ago.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    , why," I asked, "did God not warn hundreds of his children that a tsunami was coming? He saw it coming, didn't he? Is there a reason he simply chose to watch them all die?"
    He stood there thinking with no immediate response.
    Then I addressed him by his first name which I now forget. "If you, as a father, had simply watched your son die, doing nothing to protect him or warn him, how would that be viewed by the authorities? Would you not be guilty of child abuse?"
    The Witness man simply said "I have no answer for that. Thank you, sir, for your time."

How refreshingly honest of him. Im not surprised you think of him....it would be nice to know that he was OK and that he and his son managed to exit the cult😊

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JWs can be rattled by an intelligent, orderly exchange - even if they do not acknowledge how they are feeling inside at the time.

How do I know? That lady speaking to TMS was me many years ago.

Hear hear Steve2...ditto me too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit