I was reading the thread about the use of technology at the meetings, do the JW's still place the WT and Awakes ?

by wwjdnwt 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt
    I haven't been to a meeting in years, or door to door in years. I have been out for a long time now. My mom visited recently and she is a devoted JW for 50 years now. She told me how they play a video at the door now. I was wondering do they still try to "place the WT and Awake or new books?
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Yeah, but not nearly as much. Mostly videos, tracts, stuff they had lying around in stock, and some WT/Awake. The latter two have been reduced from 32 pages to 16, and only 1 issue per month (instead of 2)...
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Digital placings (ie showing a video, mailing a link to JW.org) are counted on the field service report now too (but not reported to HQ)
  • SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I don't know about most people but there is no way in hell I would open my door for someone to show me something on a tablet! I dont ever open my screen door for a salesperson, I tell them to leave it in the door if they have a piece of paper advertisement. Does anyone know what kind of reception this generally gets?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Anders - "Digital placings (ie showing a video, mailing a link to JW.org) are counted on the field service report now..."

That is the weirdest goddamn thing.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Vidiot,

How else could elders possibly measure your spiritul health? I mean...really talking with dubs as if they are human beings is not precise enough, too much work, and too hard to summarize for the CO.

• blondie
    blondie

The Christian Life and Ministry meeting workbook has designed presentations for the local public magazines.

www.jw.org on their websiste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit