Australia Branch to end magazine printing

by no-zombie 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Perhaps for now they are consolidating printing into Japan...next step will be to bring printing back to an absolute minimum. Could be that magazines first go digital only and books can be sea freighted. Next these go digital only too. Time will tell....
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes NO ZOMBIE,,,,

It was confirmed to me by the co yesterday that the letter will be read out this week.

The line of reasoning given to me was that the Japanese presses are much more

modern and much more efficient than the old Aussie presses. He reminded me that

all books for Australia are currently being printed in Japan. And yes more bethelites will get the sack.

jtg

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very soon there will be no one left there...except the branch committee and a handful of old ones in the medical area!

And yet they just spent millions over the last few years renovating and expanding the bethel!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Going.......going........😂

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think the trolleys will do just fine for magazines etc since jan this year they have been using undated magazines that could be used in 5 or 10 years time and on the trolleys i have contact with they are full with lots of 10 year old teaching books and they are really PUSHING the web so that you dont need to take any printed info and of course they could print loads of tracts these next few months.on lots of trolleys they even put the teaching books in little plastic sealed food bags to keep them dry etc
  • MrMonroe
    MrMonroe
    On my one visit to the Australian Bethel my wife's cousin, who was then living there, proudly told us about the range of occupations there. The cooks, the cleaners, the mechanics, the gardeners, the housekeepers, the laundry workers, the maintenance people. Why were they there? Because Bethel was where they did the printing. The printers needed accommodation, and they needed feeding and housekeeping, and the housekeepers needed feeding and their clothes needed laundering .. it went on and on. Without the printers there'd be no need for anyone. So if the Australian printing is transferred to Japan ... no need for 99% of the Bethelites and no need for the whole complex.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Downsizing, Phase 832...
  • bohm
    bohm

MrMonroe: I guess without printing it will be down to legal, construction and some administration of assemblies. Many of these things can properly be done part time from home offices...

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Their printing hay day is officially over! Save the trees for christ sakes and stop killing them to print this worthless delusional bull shit.
  • poopie
    poopie
    It's the money they don't want australia touching the money from coming arc comision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit