Australia Branch to end magazine printing

by no-zombie 50 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Downsize and sell assets now, move the money abroad and minimise funds available for any potential forced restitution as a result of the ARC.

Good point. Isn't what they did in France years back during their tax case?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Quick....stop the presses and sell the Branch before the Australian Government seizes our assets over the pedophile scandal !!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yeah, saw this coming.

The message from "Mother" would go something like

Dear Australia Branch

You naughty naughty boys down under, have royally screwed up and made us look stupid in the process so as a consequence we need a "head on a plate" to show the world we care about children.

We were planning on pulling the plug down there anyway but on consideration we decided it would look better to wait until after the ARC. That way the brothers and the aussie press will blame you for the problem and conclude it's your mishandling of child abuse cases rather than our policies that are the problem.

Suffer in your jocks, we all need discipline from Jehovah... bwahahahahaha

Your brothers

GB

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

This is not necessarily to do with the ARC.

Allegedly, a similar thing is happening in India.

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6023413583839232/no-more-printing-wt-awake-my-country-shit-just-got-real

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Yes, I'd say they were planning on pulling the plug down there any way.
  • freddo
    freddo

Sorry if my "letter" deflected from the excellent informative first post.

@ defender of truth

Quite right. I also guess they are very nervous in London at the moment what with the gruesome twosome GB helpers of Kikot and Flodin to visit in a week or two ...

Printing going to Selters and even more layoffs is the worry ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apparently Jah just wants his life saving message spread about electronically through the very cheap and labuor reducing inter-net.

He's such a money scrooging Chesapeake

Why his chariot slowing down like this must be to the fact his chosen earthly publishing house has been lying for so long, it simply ran out of lies to create and propagate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In the past, the society blew trumpets of pride exclaiming that "all the expansion was proof of Jehovah's blessing" on the work etc!

Now what do they say when things wind down??

Oh, That is "ALSO proof of Jehovah's blessing"

Contradictory??

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    so even more reason for those that live in oz and uk to start taking teaching books and magazines etc from carts and trashing them having to pay extra transport costs of 100 and 1000s of miles will help to dry the borgs money chest up
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

I'm thinking back to the time when the branch office at Ingleburn was built. I think it was after 1975 and it probably distracted us from thinking too much (then) about Freddy's date fiasco.

It was built by witnesses with a lot of kerfuffle. John Wilson (a nice guy) wanted his room built a special way. As I recall it, he was told he couldn't do that. A friend who came from the commercial construction field went to work there, and ended up calling it 'the funny farm.' (a colloquialism for a mental hospital).

All that work, all that time, and they'll likely sell the place. Suburbia has crept around the area (havn't been out that way for years),

But here's what it looks like. so much land, because they also had a farm there..

Branch of Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia - City of Liverpool, Sydney, NSW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit