After yesterdays shunning watchtower article

by dbq407 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dbq407
    dbq407

Matthew 6:15 are Jesus' own words on how to deal with a sinner

15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Never once does it mention to shun them. Jesus sat down with tax collectors.

Luke 6:37 are also Jesus' words and says not to judge

37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Yet we have a "judicial" committee to judge a person.

So the scripture they use from 1 corinthians is totally against what jesus says. Maybe the apostle Paul was an early apostate? Ha, just my $.02

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Add to that Jesus words again at Matthew 5 : 43-47 where he tells his followers to love their enemies, and if they greet only their own brothers they're no better than the people of the nations and the tax collectors as they do that also.

But no, we actually mandate that we are NOT to even greet any exjws.

Whatever. Watchtards.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    After yesterdays WT study, it confirmed again, we made the right decision to exit this religion. What a hateful, unforgiving, judgmental and hypocritical cult!
  • dbq407
    dbq407

Add to that Jesus words again at Matthew 5 : 43-47

thank you for that scripture also. I plan on using these in the near future.

• steve2
    steve2

The same Watchtower urges Witnesses to turn a brother or sister in to the elders if that one is committing serious sin.

This is a recipe for becoming a busy-body and having a low threshold for "evidence" against one's fellow believers. We know what happens in local congregations, especially among more simple-minded JWs: Mere suspicion becomes evidence another brother or sister mudt be committing serious sin.

How this sort of tittle-tattle advice is played out in individual congregations is the very stuff the JW lifestyle thrives on in the most miserable ways imaginable.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I can't imagine how this will all be played out at Barffest 2016 R.C. All this talk of loyalty will hopefully turn more away from this cult.

Just glad the wife and I skipped the meeting yesterday. That wt article was bowel batter.

• dbq407
    dbq407

The same Watchtower urges Witnesses to turn a brother or sister in to the elders if that one is committing serious sin.

I can't remember even one time where a witness had an issue with someone, where they went to the person before the elders. Even in personal experience i have had the elders tell me someone was offended by something or saw me do something, and i ask them to have the person come to me first about the matter, but the elders never do that.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    Seen that a number of times myself dbq. One sister started a rumor that another sister didn't wear any underwear. This sister told the elders about it and he asked if she approached the sister in question. She of course didn't lol.
  • dbq407
    dbq407

One sister started a rumor that another sister didn't wear any underwear.

Haha, Always amazes me what these people let bother them. They really need to grow thicker skin, but i guess then they wouldn't have anything to gossip about.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    One sister started a rumor that another sister didn't wear any underwear.

Maybe TOMO the turd could give another public talk about dress and grooming and include not going commando.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit