A Watchtower double standard: Rejection and the silent treatment.

by ScenicViewer 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Why did the Watchtower article depict her as standing at the church door? How discreet is that?

If her jw.org-shaped conscience would not allow her to enter the church - even for her father-in-law's funeral service - why didn't she "stand" somewhere more discreet - or wait in a vehicle out of sight? This public "stand" for her faith is religiously narcissistic (Yes, JWs like to think it is all about them).

Talk about the article feeding the JW penchant for attention-seeking.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

cant find that article on the orgs site, feb study edition? however I was appalled at the line of four photos where the woman rats on her friend and turns her into the elders for looking at something on her tablet.

the article entitled, learn from loyal servants of god.

really really sick. i like how the photos on another page show the mom taking the boys in sevice while the father goes golfing.

showing respect? lol,

um, why is the father not taking the boys golfing? hes the head of the household.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

i like how the photos on another page show the mom taking the boys in sevice while the father goes golfing.

Yes, it's the Feb 2016 study edition, p23, par9.

The story of Olga is in paragraph 9, below the picture of the father going golfing.

Edit: I am referring to the Regular edition, not the Large Print edition.  I'm not sure if they match each other page for page, so it might make a difference.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Paragraph 9:

"After many years, his attitude began to soften because of Olga’s patience and respect."

So standing outside of the church during your Father in laws funeral is respectful? Really? Who writes this sh*t?

It's so funny how their experiences all end with a happily ever after theme. Made up stories!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Paragraph 11:

" Later, Alice told members of her family that she would not be celebrating Christmas with them. She explained the reasons, but their mild concern gradually turned into bitter anger. They felt that she was turning her back on her family. Says Alice: “My mother finally said that she disowned me. I was shocked and deeply hurt because I really loved my family. "

So Alice was deeply hurt by her mother disowning her for not celebrating Christmas with the family? She was deeply shocked and hurt? So JW's can do this to those who choose to leave but heaven forbid they do it to you!

The hypocrisy is through the roof!!!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

So standing outside of the church during your Father in laws funeral is respectful? Really? Who writes this sh*t?

It's so funny how their experiences all end with a happily ever after theme. Made up stories!

I wondered the same thing. In the caption next to the photo it says,

"One way to prove loyal to Jehovah is by showing respect for an unbelieving mate (see paragraph 9)"

(Paragraph 9 has the Olga story) 

Exactly how is refusing to sit with your husband at his father's funeral showing him respect?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's funny, my family broke up once I left the watchtower corporation. They claim all sorts of fluffy stuff for their public image..............but the reality, oooh, the reality is so different. the watchtower corporation is a heartless machine that will throw you under the bus if it suits them.

Olga proved loyal to God by showing respect for her husband even under trying circumstances.

I laugh up my sleeve!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit