scary

by concerned mama 9 Replies latest jw friends

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I don't care what religion they are, this would have been a scary situation for those poor people. I noticed they said that the door had to be buzzed open. Are Kingdom Halls locked during meetings?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Another crazy nut.

Where was Jehovah there, then ?

No wait, of course, time and unforseen occ..... blah blah blah.

• happyout
    happyout

The wife of one of those men filed a victim impact statement which describes how she still feels the stress of that night -- particularly when she goes to church.

Kinda far to have to go to get out of meeting attendance, huh??

Happyout (who just couldn't resist)

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Where do these crazies come from? Probably from the same place that stupid woman Donna Walker who perpetrated that hoax about the missing girl, Shannon Sherrill. I hope she gets what she deserves.

• Scully
    Scully

I really sympathize for the people who were traumatized.

As they sat at the back of the courtroom on Thursday, the four members of the 121st Avenue Kingdom Hall couldn't forget the permanent damage Burton caused them and their families. The wife of one of those men filed a victim impact statement which describes how she still feels the stress of that night -- particularly when she goes to church.

It makes you wonder how they can so easily dismiss the trauma and impact that having a child molester in their ranks can cause to innocent victims.

Love, Scully

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Good thing that one woman had a cell phone, but will she be reproved for bringing it in the Kingdom Hall? Some congregations have lectured from the platform about no cell phones in the hall. hmmmmmm

closer

• Scully
    Scully

closer2fine writes:

Good thing that one woman had a cell phone, but will she be reproved for bringing it in the Kingdom Hall? Some congregations have lectured from the platform about no cell phones in the hall.

Of course in this case, the angels directed her to bring it to the meeting.

Love, Scully

• Simon
    Simon

It's not uncommon for KH's to be locked during meetings - it depends on the area though I think (but surely some fire safety violation at a public event?)

It must have been terrifying. There was a very similar incident here in the UK at some other church a while ago.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

that is the most pathetically funny thing I have ever read. He can't make it on $15 an hour? Hey bud--try doing it on $10. And he thought the JWs had money to steal? Sounds like he needs to hear about the paradise earth.....

the costume sounds awesome. Wish I had the nerve to walk into a KH with a 60 inch sword.

Ravyn

oh PS--as far as the trauma and the complaint or whatever the wife filed---that is just a ploy to get some kind of government victims fund money--I guarantee it. So she can pioneer and quit cleaning other people's toilets for $7 an hour.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I guess great minds think alike! Here is my link to the same story.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/56426/1.ashx

I do feel bad for the congregation. They have been geared for such worldly horrors for a very long time, and here comes their worst nightmare right through the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit