After 50 years Zealous Service, My Elder Friends goes Inactive

by James Jack 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit
    This is so sad, I feel bad for them. The WT is a snare and a racket.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

James, thank you for sharing this story. More of these need to be told to show how this religion is really not that good for it's members...not at all good.

My Father went inactive in 2011. He has dementia. He told me "I don't know what they are talking about anymore." Luckily he wasn't a JW in his youth and worked at a good company with a pension and health benefits. Now he is in a wheelchair in a nursing home. He will die from this awful brain disease.

And Armageddon will not have arrived.

• James Jack
    James Jack

LongHairGal

He told me recently a Brother whom he was Best Friends with before they went inactive, was working their Apartment building and came to their door. When he opened the door, the Brother just looked at him for a few seconds and said "Oh, I didn't know you lived here, I will see you at the meeting and walked away, no greetings, just turned his back and walked away."

That Brother and him were friends for some 40 years.

• sparky1
    sparky1

In the Spring of 1976 I took an older middle aged gentleman, his younger wife and his young daughter on tour at Watchtower Farms. He gave me some sage advice after the tour. He said: 'I was a Bethelite in the late '30's and early '40's and all we were told, every day, was that Armageddon was imminent. Sometimes all we had to eat was bread and sugar sandwiches. (I remember George Couch talking about this, so this man wasn't lying). Don't listen to everything these men have to say at headquarters. If you do, you will never have anything and you will wind up poor.' That Summer I left the Farm and started my 'new life'. I discussed what I wanted to do with a friend of mine from my Farm days that had recently become a Circuit Overseer. He told me 'DO NOT go into business. You are wasting your time. Armageddon is so close that it just would not be worth it' I will be 61 in a few months time. I semi-retired at 47 and now work 32 hours a week. I make a decent living still, I have full coverage health insurance paid for and a retirement plan plus paid vacation time. I'm glad I didn't pay attention to the 'Brains in Brooklyn'! However, I feel very, very sad for the thousands of 'faithful ones' that gave their life to this organization and now have nothing. What was done to them is CRIMINAL and yet there is no recourse against the BAD ADVICE that they got from 'Jehovah's loving organization'.

• Giordano
    Giordano

So the Society is tossing out their most important 'company men' the Circuit Overseers at age 70. I wonder how many are quitting the circuit to get at least 10 years of employment in to qualify for Social Security?

The Special Pioneers have been fired with a month or two months warning. No more special just unpaid pioneering or trolley watching.

The DO's are gone demoted to CO status.

Massive layoffs at the Branch and Bethels.

Let go, laid off............ going from the Elite to the Obsolete.

Ya think this is going to back fire on the WTBTS?

• James Jack
    James Jack

Everyone that they have known for all these years has nothing to do with them. All their many, many years of Faithful Service means nothing to the Rank and File.

No friends to assist them, barely getting by, an old car that keeps breaking down. The Golden Years, have been horrible for them.

I wish I was able to help, but I can't at this time.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    John Aquila? Is that you?
  • Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

I'm struggling to understand how this organization has been allowed and is still allowed to exist legally. It literally steals peoples lives and causes horrendous damage. It's the weirdest charitable organization I ever came across. It preys on people with good intentions like a cancer. It literally does not give a rat's ass about anyone other than to make sure everyone is enslaved to serve the so-called purpose of a loving organization.

Where are the retirement homes huh? With all your property you'd think you could manage to build some retirement homes for the elderly who are living on rations and stay cold in their beds because they can't afford heating as they have NOTHING to live on after a life of unpaid service... it never mentions it. Like this problem doesn't exist. But don't complain just wait on Jehovah. Yeah, don't embarrass us or we'll make you feel guilty for telling us you have no food! If someone had a brain in that Watchtower they'd realize they need to start playing the long game if they want to survive. Instead they remain as a seedy little pyramid, death cult, property scheme. 8.2 million members in 140 years is a total joke! A JOKE! You don't even offer your own members a hot meal! What kind of joke are these people???? arrrgh!

My heart weeps in my burning rage.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

My hunch is there will soon be many, many more sad stories of senior JWs whose hopes of paradise are about to be shattered. The latest (2014) Pew Research Study shows that 52% of JWs are 50 years old and older and of those, 23% are 65 years and older.

If we do the math: 52% of 8.5 million JWs = 4.2 million over 52 years of age. 23% of 8.5 million JWs = 1.96 million over 65 years of age. So there are literally millions of senior JWs who are facing a future in this system with no money in the bank.

It's a no brainer...suicide among senior JWs will go up...how else will they cope?

• jacobm
    jacobm
    Poor people. We know the ORG won't foot the bill for anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit