Subliminal Images in Watchtower Literature

by BornAgainGirl! 64 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I haven't the foggiest. At first I thought it was from an artist I remember named Dave who dated a girl named Daisy Ann in his congregation and wanted to send her a message but she was afraid he'd get in trouble: (Hi Dave! if you're reading this!)

JDubs Eventually See Through These Unusually Placed Subliminals?

They Have Rarely Understood. Daisy Ann, I Love You.

JEST TUPS
    THRU DAILY

If I were to support it as a subliminal I'd think it means JUST PUT THROUGH DAILY and the sense a JW would get might be "To get through [the daily grind of being a JW] just put in your hours, your attendance, your service, and you won't need the distractions of R Rated movies.

But I don't see it as a subliminal, I think the artist may have asked about a couple of non-descript movie titles and even a simple example could potentially be linked to an existing movie or even promote what they really didn't intend: an R-rated guessing game about what the words might have meant. So to nullify the problem they probably thought of things like: OPEN TUES, THUR, FRIDAY or maybe the original photo he was working from had a marquis that said JUST $5.00 TUES THRU THURSDAY, but that would still fail to make a point that the movies themselves are bad. So they decided on changing a couple letters or making nonsense words that DIDN"T link to any ideas and I think they did a pretty good job.

I'm quite sure this didn't help.

Gamaliel

• seven006
    seven006

Alleymom,

I don't know where the link to the image you are talking about is. If you can give me the link I will look at the image.

Dave

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Dave --

Sorry, I don't have a link, just the article. And my HP scanjet is temporarily down; we need to get some new drivers after upgrading to Windows 2000.

Gamaliel --

So you think I've been reading too many spy mysteries with secret codes? Or wearing my Captain Midnight decoder ring too much ?

Could be.

Ok, maybe I'm overanalyzing it, but JEST TUPS (rated R) and THRU DAILY (rated R) don't make a lot of sense as movie titles. And JESTS PUT THRU DAILY makes me giggle. An artist with a sense of humor like that would make a fine apostate, don't you think?

Marjorie

• JCanon
    JCanon

Here are two images found in the WTS publications which were noted by others to clearly be "subliminal" art.

One shows the face of a black child/person in the hand of Jesus in the setting of the second coming event of Revelation when the 7th seal is opened. Note the connection with Jesus, black child and sleeping, which are JIOR references to the death of the black prodigal son at the second coming. The arrow obscures a flying bird image seen in the original picture.

A second image of a dog in the side of Jesus as if it is a "thorn in his side" that IMPALES him, references Revelation's reference to Jesus being "impaled in Sodom", that is, he is impaled by his homosexuality, a reference to the JIOR second coming Messiah as Lazarus whose sores are licked by dogs showing his weakness for certain homosexual men. This dog in the side of Jesus while impaled suggests he is impaled by his homosexuality.

Thus the above proves that the concepts of Christ coming as an ordinary man are not simply understood as suggested in scripture but developed by some followers and apparently communicated to the WTS leaders who chose to deal with it subliminally. These images might appear in the WTS publications not to confirm the Messiah comes a homosexual black man at the second coming but to mock such beliefs maintained by other anointed ones who can read the Bible for themselves and who were forced to go underground with their beliefs that the Messiah would come in this way.

The image of the "sleeping black child and dove" is the "sign of the son of man" claimed to be seen by all the JIOR at one time or another and understood as a reference to the second-coming Messiah as the sleeping black prodigal son, but was photographed when it appeared to one former believer... If the JIOR members saw this imagery in the sky it would explain the focus in the picture in the "Revelation Book" (Page 158) of the "myth" of the sleeping black child prodigal son Messiah being depicted this way in the subliminal art.

(In the above photo, the sleeping black child is a large face to the right. Slightly below and to the left is the dove descending in the light toward a body that has been lifted out of the river of fire, representing the fires of Gehenna. The Messiah and Jerusalem are likened to a "log being snatched out of the fire" at the last minute after having died and been tossed in the fire. All three symbolisms combine to define the nature of the second coming as Christ in the body of the prodigal son, who dies, but who is also Ethiopian (black) in appearance.)

• rem
    rem

Is there any way we can get some help for Jcanon, aka Bibleman? I think he needs some more meds.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit