Bethel should be considered bad

by dbq407 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dbq407
    dbq407

From what i was told, we don't celebrate birthdays because the only two times it is mentioned in the bible, bad things happened. So if the WT wants to set standards by the "two bad things" rule, then why do they use the name Bethel? I've read two instances in the bible where bad things happened there. The one in 1 kings

28c The king took counsel, made two calves of gold, and said to the people: “You have been going up to Jerusalem long enough. Here are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.” 29d And he put one in Bethel, the other in Dan.*

2 kings 2

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Just my .02

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Exactly!
  • cognac
    cognac
    Omg, I never even thought of that. Great observation!
  • talesin
    talesin

I know 2 bad things happened in FS. One sister got attacked and hospitalized by a Newfoundland dog (now if that's not Satan ... ) and another got threatened with a shotgun (and this is Canada, peeps!).

PROOF that Satan is behind the door-to-door ministry!

t

• sparky1
    sparky1

Bethel and the deplorable state of the current Governing Body(tm) was prophesied in Amos 4:4 - "GO TO BETHEL AND SIN". That is my version of 'new light'. If they can take scriptures out of context and make 'shit' up, than so can I.!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Bethel should be considered bad. That's where a lot of Bethelites go bonkers!!! Consider it BetHELL!!
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Dogs are mentioned 27 times in the Bible and EVERY SINGLE TIME they're referred to negatively. Perhaps all JWs should stop owning K9s.

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Dogs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

" Dogs are mentioned 27 times in the Bible..."

Does the Bible ever mention CATS? If not, WHY NOT? Mmmmm?

Makes you think.

• slimboyfat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit