Cleaning out my mom's house

by Lynnie 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

So I'm cleaning out my JW mom's house since she's gone to assisted living. She had tons of bound volumes of the WT and Awake from the 80's and 90's and the cousins decided to recycle all of them since "everything is online now." Really? They even recycled old NWT bibles!! And they are acting all nice and everything since they need my help with this even though my elder cousin is in charge and Power of Attorney. Just amazing to watch these people work.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Casually point out to them the front introduction of the old Awake magazines has the paragraph about "the generation that will not pass away" in it and then see if they still want them.

• scary21
    scary21

I kept the 1969 awake bound volume. Where they say something like.....Young people will never grow old in this system . Also kept the one with the GB signing bibles.

Good point Bethelies

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i had to do the same when my late father went into care--and his house was sold. 50 years of stored magazines and books. took me weeks to clear it all. everything went to the tip.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

So many members have accumulated so many magazines that they were supposed to distribute, but instead stored them in basements and attics, gets me to thinking that the Watchtower and Awake have another award...as the most wasteful use of ink and paper products in mankind,s history. They have singlehandedly wasted enough paper to possibly reach the moon and back 8 times...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It must be a trying time sorting through a lifetime of stuff? (including cult stuff)

I wish you all the best, and hope that all the family works in well together. It can be stressful.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good point Betheliesalot

So many members have accumulated so many magazines that they were supposed to distribute, but instead stored them in basements and attics,

Amen to that .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Never ceases to amaze me the way brainwashed people work, and how they use their Jehovah nonsense to their advantage.

Thanks for sharing.

• new boy
    new boy

You're partly right "most" everything is on line now. Remember the society has make in impossible to research anything before the year 1980.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit