How to spot faders or "closeted" apostates in a congregation / meeting?

by nevaagain 33 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener
    No Longer A JW Brother, I did that too! I made up my own lyrics to the songs but no one ever caught on. It was a small amount of rebellion that made the early days of my fade bearable.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NEVAAGAIN:

You may not be able to spot them in the hall because they will have their "JW face" on..You also don't want to put somebody on the spot because they will deny it. They may have a lot to lose as in family and even business connections!

Never mind who IS or is not "fading". Just get yourself out of there and if and when you meet somewhere - then you can trade stories!

• brandnew
    brandnew

Oh !! Oh !!!!oh !!! Yeah yeah.....makin your own words was cool!!!!! Like..........KEEP UR EYES ON THE PRIZE=

KEEP YOUR EYES OFF MY FRIES 😂😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

• No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    From my own personal experience I think 20% of all JWs know TTATT but nobody wants to be the first to admit that they know. Its a game.
  • freddo
    freddo

Own Lyrics.

"Kiss my bum lest god be angry ..."

• tor1500
    tor1500

@NLAJWBro,

Do you really think it's as low as 20% know about TTATT. I was thinking maybe more but won't say anything. Once I was looking at one of those TV preachers (love him but won't tell his name, but he is dynamite, he makes you look at yourself, not easy). Anyways, when the camera scanned the audience....I don't swear but I thought I saw a DO, I know there are no longer DO's in the org. He has such a distinct face, I really thought I saw him. Maybe I did, maybe after he was no longer a DO, he said, what the heck, I'll do what I darn well please.

I agree with you....who can have the best poker face...One thing we do know witnesses can't keep a secret, but TTATT, they are doing a great job, at least 8 million of them are.

I'm wishing you the best. You'll be just fine...Just don't be angry, as many on this site say, BE HAPPY...

Tor

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think less then 2% really know ttatt, maybe a few know a little ttatt but still can't put two and two together. Their a really isolated bunch. Think about how little we knew until something pushed us over the edge and we woke up.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Same here...but eventually keeping up the act gets tiring!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Be careful with approaching anyone thinking they are a fader. I assumed a few were in my congregation by comments they had made, or how irregular they were, but they were all very annoyed when I discussed that I did not believe it was the Truth.

The best indicator may be people that mutter or shake their heads when dogmatic comments are made from the platform.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

At this point I honestly believe they'd be better coined "PRE-FADERs". Why do I say that? Well I think of myself. It is really really hard to listen to the indoctrination when you are fully awake.

So those that are say irregular or otherwise may not be Faders but are actually pre-faders. They may have some serious doubts but we've had it beaten into our heads for so long that many even with serious doubts cling. You can actually I believe rekindle their spirit if not careful as they'll feel "Satan is attacking".

To date it has been better to say things like "boy that's tough to swallow" or "I wonder what scriptural basis was used for that"?

Meaning questions that are platonic in nature but force the person to honestly think about it. This has happened twice so far with me. If they are in "PRE-FADE" you'll have them coming back to you, saying "you know I checked this out and guess what I found?".

Even at that point I'd still be careful but see the onus is on them at that point as they contacted you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit