A visit with my sister

by little witch 5 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

My sister recently moved to a big beautiful home in Southern Indiana..

All her neighbors are Amish...

So we are sitting on the front porch, talking, and she tells me about the amish neighbors, and that they stop by and talk all the time...I go, ''what''???? I thought we werent to speak to the amish, that would be rude......Boy was I deluded

About this time, up the road come two amish men, and two girls....

They were dressed in blue, and had on their hats, and the girls followed shortly afterward..They stood at the bottom of the drive, till we said hi, like they were waiting to be invited....real polite, and proper... Now keep in mind, as this story unfolds, I have never in my life talked to an Amish...So I didnt know what to expect...

So my sister says, ""Hi , How are You all''?

So then they all come up....I ditched my ciggarette, and cold beer.....real quick...and sis laughed and said, ""oh, stop that"!!!!

So the boys come up to the porch, and light up pipes...start smoking..so I laughed and said, ""what is good for you is good for me"" lol

Anyway, Sis serves them all iced tea.....and we all sat out on the porch and conversed for at least an hour...They were sooo cool...Humor abounds with them, they all had me laughing so hard....

They were joking my sister about her bright red hair, and said it was ''tomatoe hair'', (both my sis and I dye our hair, mine is black), and they said, sisters, huh??? your hair doesnt match...Lol

And they joked with sis 'bout her red hair, and they could throw tomatoes at her, and make it that red,,,and I go, '' Just remember you all cant get away as quickly''!!! Which made them laugh...

Anyways..... We had a great visit.....

My sister and I had a talk afterwards, about the abuse we suffered, as Jw kids....

She gave me some sound advice, which is to write my step-monster, and get it all out.....Just tell her the truth....and I think she is right...So I will be working on that...I still have to give thought to how to say some very painful things to someone, without being a bitch... What a delicate balance that will be.....I dont wanna bring pain on anyone, no matter how cruel they were to me...

Unfortunatley, she will not leave me alone, and keeps contacting me, in a bad way, meaning, she is married to an elder now, and is trying to pretend that everything is peachy....I feel she is trying to add guilt on me for the abuse...and I cant pretend anymore, that my childhood was a figment of my imagination....Like she wants me too. Over the years, when I have brought it up, she acts all innocent, and unknowing....Like all the slaps, name calling, etc, never happened...She is the one who gave me the name, ''Little Which"". She feels god loves her, cause she didnt utter the ''cuss'' bitch....only substituted, which.....sigh....

Anyways, sorry to ramble on....It was just such a good visit with my sissy..I love her sooo much...she is the only family I have, and has helped me so much....She will gently look at me with her pretty green eyes, and say, ""Look at me"",,,,, ""You didnt do anything wrong""....

I am so glad to have her.........

Sorry for rambling on......Just wanted to share.....

• little witch
    little witch

witch......twice...lol

I will learn to spell......lol

• Garnet
    Garnet

(((little witch))) Dont worry about "rambling on", I do it all the time :) It is a way to get things off of your chest. It sounds like you have been to hell and back. I think your sister is right, you should write to your family member and tell them what you need to. You sound like strong person, dont let anyone tear you down. I am here with both ears open and a shoulder to lean on if you need one

I didnt know that about the Amish as well! I thought that they didn't speak to "outsiders". It sounds like they were really cool to talk to! It must be so interesting to meet someone of a different culture like that. They also sound very sweet and sincere...did you get that impression from them as well? Just curious, does your sis live in PA? (DUR...just realized you already mentioned where she lives)

With Love

Garnet

• jgnat
    jgnat

A word about healing letters, you don't always have to send them. The healing part is writing it down. Sometimes sending the letter does more damage than good. Do you really want your abuser trashing your heart-felt sentiment yet again? Anyways, it is your call, after you finish writing it, whether you have to send it or not.

You might, as an alternative, write it all down and have a burning ceremony. Also very healing.

• little witch
    little witch

Thanx, Garnet..

Yes they were just so sincere, I was shocked... I told them all I thought they werent supposed to talk to outsiders, ""english''....My husband ask them all kind of questions, and they patiently answered each one..

Then sis told them we were raised JW, and they said that the jw church, is just down the road, and that they come to their doors...lol.....

I think that is what got the ''tomatoe thing'' going...LOL

They were great.....really....very educational...we all had such a good time...I didnt feel they held me in contempt, or what not..They were so very friendly..

Any ways. Thanks for your kind words, Garnet...I appreciate it...

• little witch
    little witch

Jgnat,

Thanks...

Thats what my sister told me too!!!!

She said, not to worry about if it gets to her, but it is theraputic, just to put it down.....That the important thing was, to just get it out..

A burning ceremony,,,,yes....very possible....

Thanks, babe..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit